Thursday, July 17, 2014

Original

I’ve long since gotten over my instinctive avoidance of mixing black and brown, but I still remember where my inspiration to pair the two came from: the feathers and fur of animals. Mother nature thinks nothing of mixing black and brown plumage. Brown eyes are the perfect compliment to a black and white fur coat. And often, the color we perceive as black, is nothing but a very dark brown . . . its true nature revealed in direct sunlight. (Study a black cat in a sunbeam. Often, the “solid” black cat is striped with rusty brown.)


Shirt, Old Navy. Skirt, Mossimo. Shoes, Sole Obsession. Sunglasses, Target. Necklace, Zad.


2 comments:

DressUpNotDown said...

I remember a moment 8 years ago when my sister was wearing Black pants with Brown boots. My cousin drags her husband over and says, See! See? I TOLD you Brown and Black look good together!!! :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah for black and brown together! I usually do black shoes with brown skirt, but I have some new brown sandals, and lots of black skirts and pants.....

We've also got a "solid" black cat, and I love looking at his patterned fur in the sun!

~J