When Beefy and I planned our agenda for our annual winter-time Michigan trip, I made sure that a trip to the Benton Harbor Goodwill was included.
1. Borgazia faux fur coat, $19.99. I always have trouble paying more than $10 an item at the thrift store. However, this coat is in mint condition and so so warm.
2. Wet Seal tunic, $6.99. Although Wet Seal clothing tends to be “disposable,” this tunic is in good condition. And I’m always looking for something longer than a shirt but shorter than a dress to pair with leggings and skinny jeans.
3. Liz Sport animal print button-front shirt, $3.99. If I wear this half as much as I’ve worn my thrifted silk leopard button-front, I’ll have that CPW down to pennies in no time.
4. Eddie Bauer pastel geometric print button-front shirt, $3.99. I’m a little obsessed with flannel and pastels, right now. This shirt has them both! Sadly, the first time I wore it, we had our ducts cleaned and I wrestled a terrified kitten. He managed to tear two holes in the front of the shirt. I’ve sewn them shut, but the rents are still obvious. I won’t give up on it, though, and will find creative ways to layer.
5. Belt, $1.99
6. Necklace, $2.99. I purchased this with the intent of treating it with neon spraypaint. It was cream and brown. Now it’s bright green and orange.
Later in the month, Reva and I took a break from holiday madness at the Cheviot Goodwill.
7. Style & Co shorty western boots, $12.99. Reva persuaded me to try them on and then assured me that they did not give me cankles.
8. Bolivian handbag, $6.00. Yum! Red suede. Embossed leather. Ethnic trim.
9. H&M faux leather jacket, $6.99. A good fake.
10. BSB jeans paisley blazer, $3.49. Delightfully obnoxious.
11. Ann Taylor suede skirt, $2.00. This skirt is just beautifully made. It has a nice drape and weight. The length is perfect.
12. B Moss green corduroy skirt, $2.00. I’m not sure if the bulky corduroy is flattering, but I like the length and color, so I’m going to try styling it a few ways before I call it quits.
13. Arizona denim shorts, $1.64. I love the high waist. It makes the short inseam feel less scandalous.
I’ve been stalking this sweater since November. It went on sale. I bit.
14. Mossimo gray and mustard striped sweater, $12.58
I had $50 of gift card money left from my birthday. I used it during Macy’s Friends and Family sale.
15. Dr Scholl’s Ali booties. Ugly-cute or ugly-ugly? $74.25 - $50 = $24.25
December total: $111.88
Total spending for the year: $1540.30
I didn’t quite make it under $1500 for the year (or my $1200 budget), but I got a ton of stuff to show for my pennies!