Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gray Thursday

The day before Black Friday is called Gray Thursday. What? You call it Thanksgiving? Huh.


Dress, Jovovich Hawk for Target. Belt, thrifted. Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Vince Camuto. Earrings, self-made. Bag, vintage.

On Gray Thursday, you prepare for Black Friday by carbo-loading on rolls, stuffing, potatoes, and pie. A healthy serving of turkey and a glass or two of wine ensure that you get a good night’s sleep before a long day of shopping. Gray Thursday is the perfect opportunity to test drive your Black Friday ensemble. Stretch, layers, and comfy footwear suit both gorging and shopping. Bonus: sleeping in your Gray Thursday outfit saves time the morning of Black Friday.




I hope you had a great Thursday – whatever you called it.

Just for giggles, this is the sort of face I make while Beefy takes the first couple of shots. Happy Thanksgiving!


Photos by Beefy Muchacho

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Hee, nice face! I love the purple tights!

Hope your shopping adventures went well!

Unknown said...

You look great! and so does Clifton :)
Happy Friday!!!
xXXx,
Reva

Sarah said...

so cute.
the best outfits are the ones you can sleep in comfortably.

Megan G said...

Totally digging the violent violet tights.

Dave said...

I try to always buy some new clothes for my fiancee on my business trips. Last year I was back home in America for several months, and I bought her a skirt with the same colors and similar patterns to that dress. It was such a big hit with her friends that some of them asked her if she was sure I was straight. ;) She hasn't tried it with purple tights yet, though, which is odd as purple is her favorite color. (Your blog gives me a lot of ideas for what else would look good on her, so thanks for that!)

Overseas Thanksgivings with other American expats can't be beat, by the way - you still get all the turkey and wine, and no mob scenes at the department stores the next day. Only downside is that I still had to work the next day.

-That guy from Singapore ;)

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Living in the UK I have no idea what Black FRiday s but I love your polka dots>

The Tote Trove said...

I've seen this dress many times, but I think I like it best here with the purple tights and colorful belt. I enjoyed your whole gray Thursday thing. I always go shopping on Black Friday, but not at the crack of dawn (or midnight). More like whenever I get up!

Justine said...

Love the pop of color from the tights and belt!