Thursday, November 03, 2011

Brigadoon

I may have gotten a little costumey with today’s outfit, but I’ve lately been inundated with all things Scottish. I watched Brigadoon last week, I’m currently reading The Winter Sea, and I made scones on Sunday.


Blouse, J Crew. Skirt, Hauber Sporting Life (thrifted). Belt, Buckle. Shoes, Wet Seal. Brooch, vintage. Ring, Jan Michaels San Francisco. Coat, Bebe. Bag, D&G knockoff (thrifted).

I hadn’t seen Brigadoon since I was very small. All I remembered of it was the fog. I didn’t recall the delightful songs or the even more delightful dancing. And the costumes! I hope the play is performed here locally, soon.

Other Scottish things I like: the Outlander books, the ogre Shrek, Sean Connery*, and tartan.




Photos by Beefy Muchacho

*I’ve been watching Sean Connery in Darby O’Gill and the Little People as I’ve worked in the kitchen this week.

...and I’ve just realized that I’ve also been listening to Roy Dotrice’s Scottish (and Welsh) accents all week as he read The Pear-Shaped Man and Haviland Tuf stories on George R. R. Martin’s Dreamsongs audiobook.

11 comments:

Jessica C said...

LOVE the skirt and shoes together! And I don't think it's too "costumey" at all! Now I want to watch Brigadoon, too. ;)

maryeb said...

I think you look beautiful, so elegant.
I bet it was the scone baking ;)

Mykki said...

That's gorgeous. I have a love affair with long skirts!

Megan G said...

What a gorgeous skirt! That broach is very Vivienne Westwood.

The Tote Trove said...

I love this dramatic, ladylike look! And I just happened to wear red plaid pumps and a (short and pleated) red plaid skirt today :)

My Own Fairytale said...

You look like a queen.
Beautiful!

Dave said...

I sooooooo wish plaid skirts never went out of style! That blouse goes great with it too.

Speaker in Heels said...

Brigadoon is my favorite movie of all time! Hopefully this time you remember so much more than the fog. I love your Scottish look - you do it beautifully.

Indiana said...

I am nuts about this skirt. I mean, really, You are stunning here and this is am amazing look!

FrenchWaffle said...

Brigadoon is my favorite show to have been involved with (so far). I love plaid skirts but have such a hard time matching them with tops (I find myself in a rut).

Defunct said...

This outfit is fantastic! I don't think it's too costumey at all. You look amazing, and I love the subtle pattern on the tights! Bravo!