Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Thanksgiving Outfit

I didn’t wear this to a Thanksgiving celebration, but on the last day that most of my coworkers would be at the office prior to the holiday. The occasion called for a little festive color. Christmas is red and green. Thanksgiving is all the colors of the fallen leaves.


Vest, MacGregor (thrifted). Sweater, The Limited. Skirt, Talbot’s (thrifted). Tights, We Love Colors. Shoes, J Crew. Pendant, vintage. Bracelets, vintage, Garden of the Gods gift shop, and Target.

I’ve got another day in the office to go, but, to all of you starting your holiday earlier, Happy Thanksgiving!


If you’re still in a quandary over what to wear to Thanksgiving dinner, here are a few fall-festive outfits I’ve worn in the past. I hope you find inspiration.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the color combinations in this outfit! Especially the pop of green. I keep seeing you in We Love Colors tights - just feeding my temptation to order some - any thoughts on the regular vs w/lyra vs w/lycra + microfiber?

~J

Kasmira said...

J - I always order the first option on the page: nylon/lycra microfiber solid color tights. I LOVE them. Pretty durable (although I eventually wear holes in the toes), generously sized, and so comfy. I've never had that bisected feeling at the waist wearing We Love Colors tights.

I do not like the lurex glitter tights (itchy!). I own both the checkerboard and zebra tights and do not like them much, either. The pattern is woven, not printed, so they don't stretch evenly. They also tend to sag. Maybe I needed a size larger in the patterned tights.

Marie said...

My fave autumnal colors in a lovely display! The tights really make the outfits.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...

The Tote Trove said...

So fally! I also enjoyed looking at all your outfits from Thanksgivings past. I've been mulling over my own Turkey Day ensemble for a couple of days now but haven't decided on anything yet (although I sense that it may be more summery colorwise). It's always fun to plan outfits for "events," isn't it?

Lorena said...

I think you did an amazing job in recreating "Thanksgiving" in an outfit -