Thursday, January 18, 2007

Red Pants, Orange Scarf, Auburn Mane

Brown velvet jacket with brooch, FANG. Red and orange tweed pants, Moda International. White lace tank, George ME. Orange scarf with embroidery, beading, and paillettes, India. Brown booties, Style & Co. Topaz-colored drop earrings and necklace, gifted.

I used to wear these pants a lot in the winter, but this season has been so mild that I’ve only worn them a little more than once a month so far (November, December, and twice in January). I usually pair them with red or neutrals. This time, I’ve picked up the orange in the tweed by accessorizing with this gorgeous, Indian scarf (dupatha).

In high school, one of my best friends had red hair. (At that time, I was a blond.) She swore up and down that redheads could absolutely not wear pink, red, or orange because it would clash with their tresses. I respectfully disagree. I wear lots of pink and red (and a little orange) and I love the way it looks with my hair. But perhaps that’s because I don’t have a true, carroty color. I happily wore red and orange today, and will be wearing pink tomorrow.

You’ll rarely catch me in gray, yellow, or purple, though.

No comments: