Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Layers of Brown and Orange

Brown velvet jacket, FANG. White blouse, Merona. Orange sweater vest, Cherokee. Brown and white skirt, Andre Oliver (thrifted). Brown tights, Target. Orange slingbacks, Gianni Bini (borrowed from Fashion Lady). Earrings, Express. Orange bag, Target. Headband, Scunci.

All day meeting today, so I tried to dress conservatively (for me!) and in layers. As usual, the temperature in the conference room swung between freezer- and sauna-like. At one point, I actually had to wrap a furry brown scarf around my neck and tuck my hands in my armpits.

I’ve probably said it before, but I love this jacket. It is from the juniors FANG brand, but has surprisingly nice details for an inexpensive ($20) piece. I like the almost riding coat cut, the ruching around the closure, and the attached brooch.

Side view

3 comments:

Lashell said...

I love your blog. May I ask what camera do you use? Your pictures always come out so clear and sharp.

Kasmira said...

I use a Canon Powershot A95. It's 3 years old a quite battered from my cats knocking over the tripod, so I'm due for a new camera soon.

The trick to the sharp shots is the lighting. I get the best results in this spot - white corner with a mirror and strong overhead light. I also use the camera flash and the indoor setting.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I'm really loving the orange with brown. It's usually a color I'm not too keen on but it looks fantastic here.