Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dominatrix Schoolgirl

…that’s what my friends told me I looked like when I slipped this dress over my clothes in the aisle of Valley Thrift.

Black sweater, Charlotte Russe. Plaid jumper, All That Jazz (thrifted and altered). Black tights, Danskin. Black maryjanes, silver bird necklace, and silver/black beaded necklace, Xhilaration. Jet bead necklace, thrifted.

I didn’t care what they said. I still thought the dress looked hot – and I’d been wanting to try the jumper trend. I added the lace edging to make the length more work-appropriate and tried to temper the schoolgirl vibe with black layers and multiple necklaces.

Still, it is Halloween, and I’ve had a few people scrutinize me as if they are wondering if I am wearing a costume. But, hell, that happens most days! Maybe I should wear this out trick-or-treating. Would you give me any candy?

4 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Love your dress! You don't look schoolgirl at all to me. But then given the outfit I've just displayed on my blog... I'm probably no good judge!

Anonymous said...

Another winner! Way to go. Do you do the alterations yourself?

Kasmira said...

Hi nancy. My sewing skills are fairly rudimentary. I did sew the lace on myself, by hand, while watching Season 1 of Heroes. Other than sewing or gluing on trim, my alterations are limited to hemming with my ancient sewing machine.

Anonymous said...

Definitely do not see a dominatrix look at all. haha You look amazing as always.