Tuesday, October 02, 2007

China Doll

Asian print dress, Forever 21 (swapped). Black tights, Gap. Patent mary janes, Xhilaration. Triple strand, faux pearl necklace, JC Penney. Red bead necklace, Xhilaration

I remember Forever 21 carrying this dress early last spring. The collection at that time (Feb/March) was so bright and jumbled that I barely set foot in the store before fleeing from overstimulation. As a result, I missed out on buying this dress. I was thrilled when it surfaced in the Flickr Wardrobe Swap Shop group.

Mike actually begged me not to wear this to the office. He said it was only appropriate for work if I were serving sushi. Thbbbbpt! His opinion was definitely in the minority because I received many, many compliments today. Even perfect strangers (on the street) told me how pretty the dress was. So there, Mike.

9 comments:

Melody said...

Love the dress! The colors are beautiful.

Londyn said...

I love the dress too! It seems more like a fun Friday night outfit vs. work wear, but I think your work environment is more casual so you can probably get away with it.

I also think it would've looked killer with bare legs and some turqouise or red shoes!

Londyn said...

Now that I think of it, I have a similar dress in black and silver -- maybe I will have to try mine out at work too (eek!). I blame you if I get in trouble!

:)

Kitty Couture said...

Gorgeous dress!

Kasmira said...

I had to wear it with tights to work - or it would have shown WAY too much leg!

I'm looking forward to wearing it over a black turtleneck and dark jeans when it gets cooler. Many layering possibilities.

It was a little loud for work, but everyone here expects me to dress sort of off-the-wall anyway. I decided yesterday that my style is probably more creative business casual, than just business casual.

patsijean said...

Oh, how cute you look. I am going to have to finish my Duro.

Kasmira said...

Ok - what is a Duro? I'm stumped!

Single Ma said...

Beautiful. Not for work though, but I definitely wear it on a date night.

Mykeru said...

Uh..wow. There are no words.