Wednesday, October 10, 2007

On Trial: Collared Pink Shirt

Navy tank, Merona (I wear this almost once a week! I *heart* navy.) Pink striped shirt, Waterback. Gray skirt, Eddie Bauer. Silver belt, Luxury Divas (via Amazon.com). Silver peeptoes, BCBG Girls. Pink rhinestone brooch, some department store. Silver-tone watch, Gucci.

I haven’t worn this oxford shirt (pink with raised, white pinstripes) in over a year. I bought it when I lived Okinawa. I think it is the largest size the shop carried, but the shirt barely fits my massive frame. Seriously, if I flex my bicep, the fabric strains. (I always felt like a giant when I lived there.) Why do I keep it? I guess because it’s pink, and I like pink. But I do have two other collared, pink shirts – one with short sleeves and the other is a long-sleeved bodysuit. Is this cute enough to keep with my pink shirt collection? Is it obscenely tight?

























What should I do with the pink shirt?
Keep it
Swap it
Alter it
Give it to charity
Other - I'll tell you in the comments

pollcode.com free polls

11 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

I voted for keep it. It doesn't look obscenely tight at all, and you look lovely in pink!

Anonymous said...

i think you answered your own question when you said you haven't worn it in over a year. so toss it (to charity of course!). also, the sleeves do look a bit tight and the shirt seems to be short-waisted. i'd give it up if it's not the most comfortable and you already have some pink shirts you'd rather wear - easy peasy.

fashion evolution said...

I would say keep it, unless the tightness of it makes you feel uncomfortable when you wear it, then I would suggest swaping it.

Anonymous said...

I voted give it away, but ONLY becasue you have two others. And I SHOULD have voted swap, becasue it's a nice shirt. I just wasn't thinking.

Anonymous said...

Swap that baby.

It pulls so badly across your upper chest that it looks wearable only under something else and if you feel like flexing would burst the sleeves it clearly isn't giving you enough room to move.

Make sure you swap it for something else pink!

Gervy said...

Definitely swap or give to charity. It looks uncomfortably tight in the arms and your other two pink shirts look exactly the same except better!

SHOEGAL said...

Andrea just said everything I was about to say! But I voted gove it to charity as I forgot you do the swapping thing and I automatically think charity shop when clearing out clothes. I am guilty of keeping shirts that gape across the bust and it's not a good look. I have to be stricter with myself!

Londyn said...

I'd keep if you wear it at all. It's a good item for layering and it was even cuter in person than in the pic.

Anonymous said...

love the pink shirt on "national wear pink for breast cancer day "

Mary

Anonymous said...

Keep the pink shirt and use it with jeans and slide heels.

s.i. michaels said...

If it's just the sleeves that are an issue, you could remove them and wear it in summer or underneath cardi/layered in winter.