Friday, October 19, 2007

Long Time, No Jacket

Multicolored tweed jacket, The Limited. White blouse, Worthington. Dark denim, Express (overdyed by me). Yellow shoes, Victoria Spenser. Opal and silver earrings, Three Rivers Mall. Pink and orange purse, Preston & York.

I haven’t worn this jacket since January. I wore it so much the first two years I had it (purchased in 2004), that I was burned out on this piece. Maybe I’m ready to give it regular rotation through my work wear again.

I plan on over-dyeing one of my denim skirts this weekend. I will photo-document the process and share it with you next week!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to learn how you overdyed something! I have been wanting to try this out, but am kind of afriad to do it. I am afraid that I will mess up the shirt that I am wanting to dye black.

seberu said...

Love that jacket. It looks so cozy.

And I'm excited that you'll be showing us how you overdye your jeans. I have been wanting to try dyeing mine, but just didn't know the process...or too scared to try! :)

Anonymous said...

Tres Chanel! The bright pink bag is overkill for me, but it works with your quirky sense of style. And thanks for showing us the dyeing process...can u also list the materials/amounts needed? I'm thinking of dyeing one of my faded jeans - it's the most perfect fit and I don't want to give them up!

Susan B said...

Love that jacket!

Melody said...

Can't wait to see the skirt! Now here's my contribution to reader mail:

Dear Kasmira,

You've shown items that you've received through swaps. I'm interested in participating in an online swap, but don't have a clue where to begin. Can you give me and your other faithful readers some tips or guidance?

Thanks for all your style inspiration! - Melody

Alexandra said...

Indeed. Very Chanel! Love it.

I recently just re-discovered a 2-year old black velvet jacket I had worn to death, put away ...and now realized I still love and find some way to wear it at least a couple of times every week. Don't you just love that sort of items?

Anonymous said...

I second the reader mail asking for more info on online swaps! Also, if anyone knows of any good swaps in South Shore area of Boston, i would really appreciate it!