Monday, February 22, 2010

Bear Arms

I’m delighted that we are seeing highs in the 40’s this week, which finally makes it possible to wear some of the short-sleeved items in my wardrobe.

Dress, homemade (not by me – but from a swap). Skirt, Newport News. Boots, Nine West. Scarf, World Market. Bracelet, swap.

I adore this, newly swapped and then shortened, dress (worn as a blouse today), but its colors don’t play nicely with my complexion. One of my regular “tricks” in a situation like this is to introduce another, flattering color, near my face.



The dress has the prettiest sweetheart neckline. The fabric is a bit on the thin side to wear unlayered in February, but it works nicely as a slip.


I forgot to color correct for the yellow light in this hallway, so you get extra buttery pics, today.

22 comments:

mariel said...

These colors look great on you!

Jiggetts said...

OK this is a cute outfit. I love how the colors coordinate and that pop of red with the scarf is warming. Nice look!

Amy said...

Wow, what a great idea to put a more flattering colour by your face! I would have never thought of that!

Love this outfit :) Sweetheart necklines are the best

TP said...

I know what you mean about short sleeves now - Love the skirt & the the way you styled the outfit.

Stephanie said...

I kind of hope the title of this post is somehow an allusion to Family Guy.

Cute outfit.

Marie said...

Love the color palette, buttery and all.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Happy Chinese New Year giveaway

Rosie Unknown said...

The skirt it gorgeous!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Skirt and boots - my favorite combination.
I´m your biggest fan in Brazil!! I´ve been following you for a while, but this is my first comment. You look absolutely gorgeous today.

Julia said...

I love all the yellows. I think putting a bit of bright red with it is just the thing to help it pop. Lovely!

xx

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Love the pop of red from the scarf!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

This is one of my most favorite outfits to date. I LOVE yellow, especially with brown. You inspire me! Plus, hooray for warm(ish) weather!

Sheila said...

Oh, wow, I love all these colours! I would wear this whole outfit. What a gorgeous vintage dress!

Laurel said...

This outfit is so flattering on you! I love the colors and the dress paired with the skirt.

This is definitely one of my favorites.

The Cocoa Goddess said...

Gorgeous outfit today! Love the colors, especially with the pop of red.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Love the outfit - the advice, the dress as a slip.

Jessica said...

I love this outfit! This is a great look!

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd do something impressive with the dress! Glad you like it!

Nina B. said...

LOVE this outfit! I'm about to get dressed and am wishing I had all the same pieces in my closet.

Unknown said...

This length of dress makes you look sooo long and lean! a great fit for you! you look marvelous !

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt on top of the dress. Great idea!

Lorena said...

WOW... soooo very pretty.
I would have NEVR guessed it was a dress under that skirt!