Thursday, February 18, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll

I’m departing from the day-of-the-week titles* and further references to Lent. Instead, I’m wearing feathers in my hair and having a good time.

Jacket, Esley. Blouse, Forever 21. Skirt, Express (thrifted). Necklace, Old Navy. Tights, Danskin. Shoes, Two Lips. Hair clip, self made.


I had too good of a time last night, at Last Call Trivia. I had to Photoshop away my bloodshot eyes and undereye bags this morning.

Reedie asked if my theme weeks are ever noticed at work. I’ve conducted 17 theme weeks and never gotten a comment until today. Must be the Mardi Gras feathers.



I’ve never been to Mardi Gras. Does it involve Feats of Strength, like Festivus?

Although the snow is nearly up to my knees, I can’t help but have a good time tromping through it in my star-print galoshes.


*I was tempted by Thsilly Lithsp Thursday. I have a lisp, myself.

11 comments:

Alison said...

Amazing that it has taken 17 theme weeks to get someone to notice! This has been a fun theme week.

Andie said...

as a native of New Orleans and someone who goes to Mardi Gras every year- I am happy to answer any questions you have about Mardi Gras and what it's all about! What exactly do you want to know? It is a very fun holiday and the jist of it is that it is a last day of glutton and celebration before the start of Lent, a season of penance. Since New Orleans is such a predominantly Catholic city, the celebration of Mardi Gras became a tradition among the people for that reason. There is a lot of tradition and customs involved around it... like the presentation of the courts (debutantes) mardi gras royalty, and of course the party! It is a 2 week long party of parades, throws, fun, food, and drinks. It's definitely an experience that everyone should see once in their life. If you want to see pictures from Mardi Gras, etc. I have some on my main blog.

Feel free to email me about it! I love talking about new orleans! :)

in other news- I love your use of the colors in your outfit! I think it is too cute and I love that you are embracing the Mardi Gras spirit!

BTW if you want some throws from mardi gras (like beads, cups, etc) I would be happy to send you some. Just drop me an email!

andie325@cox.net

Healthy and Homemade said...

NEED those shoes!!! ^_^

Julia said...

I love your hair like that, pulled back in the little clip! It's getting long!

xx

briana said...

bahaha! yes! awesome. love the jacket. actually, this outfit is wonderful.

tatyana said...

i like your clutch!

JR said...

I jinxed you :-)

Anonymous said...

Love that bright feather fascinator!

jennschmerer said...

So glad to see the jacket in an outfit again. I was just looking at your archives at your wardrobe capsule challenge and wondering why you hadn't worn it again since- I love it! I also love the feather clip. You almost inspire me to go to the craft store...almost. Cute stuff!

WendyB said...

That purse is electrifying!

Rad said...

Hey, I just came back from Mardi Gras and you are the picture of Mardi Gras festivities. Love the creative use of colors.