Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Plaid + Leopard = Awesome

I’m woefully behind on my style/fashion blog reading. As of this writing, Google Reader has 349 entries for me to get through. When I finally get back at it, I plan to play Sister Wolf’s Buzzword Bingo. For those of you already playing, this post contains two bingo words/phrases. Watch for them!

Lace cardigan, Rodarte for Target. Dress, Bitten (shortened). Obi belt, Sugadaminka. Tights, Target. Boots, Rampage. Necklace, thrifted.


I used my pattern mixing trick to decide if leopard went with plaid. Would I buy a plaid dress with a leopard-print midsection? Fuck yeah!

15 comments:

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

Frankly, I have to disagree. This post should be titled: Plaid+leopard+lace=Awesome!

Julia said...

I always love when you do punk-type looks. They go so well with your hair! You need to wear more plaid!

xx

Rosie Unknown said...

You are truly a miracle! I can't pull off leopard or plaid, and you are rocking both of them!

Anonymous said...

How the hell do you do it??? You are so freakin' talented!!

kellie said...

agree. looks hot!

neighbourhood.gal said...

LOVE the dress/cardi/obi combo. I used to wear a uniform of that exact plaid. Must keep my eyes peeled...

Brittany D'Lynne said...

I would NEVER have put those together...and yet it looks great on you. Thanks for helping those of us who aren't so creative--we can just "copy" you :)

Anonymous said...

Bold and funky as ever!

CindyinSC said...

Very Vivienne Westwood! Looks fab!

Becky said...

Ok, you're the third blogger this week who has worn the roadrte lace cardigan, and I think it's a sign that I need to get one, because everytime I see it, I go, "ooooh I want it!" Great pattern and texture mixing, lady! Looking fierce, as always!

Erin said...

I fell over laughing at the "Fuck yeah!" Fashion bingo FTW! And this outfit is totally rockin' - nice work as usual :)

Audi said...

Whoa, I love this! Totally fierce, yet effortless. All you need are some studded shoes and a pop of color, and you'll be ready for Milan! Bingo! ;-)

susan said...

Love this look! May I ask where you got the leopard obi?

Kasmira said...

susan - I bought it from a the Sugadaminka ebay shop. I think she moved to etsy and changed her shop name, too. You might try searching etsy.

Unknown said...

Plaid and Leopard!!!! YYAAYYYYY
So Good!!