Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dramatic Much?

Despite my theater antics and costume-y work wear, I’m not the least bit dramatic. I’m generally calm, level-headed, and pragmatic.

Top, teen store in Okinawa, Japan. Dress, Bitten (shortened). Tights, Apostrophe. Boots, Rampage. Blazer (below), Forever 21. Ring, G&S.


I’m trying out an all-day lipcolor for the play. I usually have to reapply my color between scenes because my face somehow eats lipstick. I also tend to get it all over my chin. (I make some God-awful faces on stage.) In Comic Potential, I have to make kissy-face with another actor (my friend’s husband…awkward!), so I really need a lipcolor that will not budge.

For rehearsal last night, I tried Covergirl Outlast All-day Lipcolor in Ever Red-dy (#507). I followed the directions: letting the color dry for 60 seconds and then topping it with the moisturizing topcoat. I found the product surprisingly comfortable and the color didn’t fade or smear - not even after sleeping with it on. The color you see in these morning photos is from the night before! It’s a little dramatic for work, but I’m too lazy to take it off. Besides, I’m curious to know just how long the red will last.

I’m trying not to get all dramatic and pouty about having to wear a blazer over my outfit at work. It’s just too cold in my office without it. After teaching aerobics at lunchtime, I was briefly overheated and blazer-less, but I had to cover up for most of the day.

Speaking of dramatic, here are a couple of Comic Potential promotional shots. We aren’t wearing costumes, except for Barbara. She’s wearing a custard pie.


I get to smash pie in her face every night!

26 comments:

The Cocoa Goddess said...

Some of that all-day lip color is frightening in how long it stays on!

As for the outfit, I am a sucker for floaty sleeves and a cowl neck and plaid (not usually all at once but here it works!).

DCWorking said...

That dress is amazing.. I love the layer detail on the top... I was sad to see bitten go with S&Bs.. I have a top from that line and love it!

Sheila said...

Ooh, I really like this outfit! I want that dress.

Have to say, I am really liking how you are wearing your hair lately, from the mini-Bump-it 'dos the last couple of days, to this nice side-swept bob. Very pretty!

Ambitious Sewer said...

This one is my absolute favorite...I wish I thought of that.

state of grace said...

I love how you pair the Okinawan top with the dress. The sleeves complete the whole look. Fabulous!

Marley said...

So, how do you keep up your energy during the run of a show? I'm in week two of our performances, with only three left. Between working all day and performing at night, I am completely wiped out. No energy to even look at my own blog. All I do is read others and watch bad TV on mtv.com. How do you manage to perform, work, AND look so great?

Adele said...

You look stunning! This is definitely one of my fave looks. The tartan with those boots is fabulous. :)

Kasmira said...

Sheila - the varying hair dos are my attempt to make it look presentable as I await my trim. I get it cleaned up on Friday!

I used to do the bouffant, half-up look a lot when I had long hair. I like how it looks now, with the dark roots.

Rhonda said...

I love this outfit! And I miss Bitten. I keep hoping SJP will bring it back somewhere else. I like Revlon's Colorstay lipcolor. I used it yesterday. Put it on at 8:00 a.m. and most of it was still there at 10:00 p.m.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I am impressed with the lipstick - I seem to eat lipstick too - it never last that long. Love the custard pie pics.

Erin said...

Everytime you wear your Bitten dress, I'm reminded of how much I miss Steve and Barry's. Sigh. That was such an epic store...

BTW, this play sounds AWESOME! I wish I lived a bit closer so I could attend. As it is, I'm driving to Omaha to see my dad in Fiddler on the Roof.

BTW Part Two - this my new favorite way you've worn your floaty-sleeve blouse. Very cute!

Erin, The Cheap Chick

Anonymous said...

I've been playing around with a Cover Girl lip stain - it's decent, but fades in a creepy way.

How lucky are YOU to get to pie-in-the-face someone every night of the play!

Kasmira said...

Marley - my diet and house have suffered! I've been eating like crap and my house is a disaster area. I just take it one day at a time. :)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I love, love love this outfit!!

Jennifer said...

I love this outfit! I love logging in daily to see what fantastic outfits you throw together. Love your hair, too! Keep bringing the gorgeous looks, Kasmira!

Anonymous said...

A little punk, and little Highlander, a little fairy princess ... fantastic!

Bird on Your Shirt

Cara said...

I wore a very similar dress today, and had just posted about it on my blog (http://carascloset.blogspot.com) before reading your post! I love the hair in pie pics... I've never been able to get mine to do that!

Tatis Zavala said...

Now you're really bring it ORIGINAL back! I really like what you're doing 'cos it totally speaks fot itself saying out loud: I don't follow, I lead!
Awsome!!

Louise Mc said...

I adore that dress!

Angie (youlookfab.com) said...

This is my very favourite outfit that you have ever posted. KILLER. Strong and bold, but the lines are still clean. Love it!

Poor, Barbara.

Arthur Fonzarelli said...

Blog surfing tonight, I found one called "What I Wore Today" and was rather surprised by the content. It's really what it said it was. Crazy.

Then I saw some bizarre, pie in the face pics, and my first thought was "why is that woman hitting a tranny in the face with a pie?"

Marie said...

I adore that plaid everyway you wear it- I wish my office was colder. I have to shed blazers every time.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Faux Fuchsia said...

This tartan is very attractive, I remember that SJP wore tartan McQueen to the Met Ball once. The only thing that bothers me about Bitten is that it sells so cheaply and is made in China which makes me wonder about how much the people who sew it are paid...you look Fabulous and Happy (always good!)

Unknown said...

love the top! i'm also digging the stripey goodness, bear arms, and moon pie.

Audi said...

I'm with you; I also reserve the drama for my outfits alone. I just love those bold sleeves, and the tartan dress is one of my faves of yours.

anythingreen said...

i really like that covergirl lipstick too... i wore it to my wedding and it stayed on perfectly.