Monday, February 08, 2010

No-Neck Monster

I’m on a bit of an Elizabeth Taylor kick. I’ve just watched Butterfield 8 and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. I’m watching Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf next.

Turtleneck, Cherokee. Dress, Moth. Leggings, Xhilaration. Boots, Nine West. Necklaces, thrifted and swapped. Hair clip, self-made. Bag, Target.


I’ve read Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (and I’ll go to see the play in May), but this was the first time I’ve watched the movie. I have real empathy for Maggie’s hatred of the “no-neck monsters.”

And, yet, I appear to have no neck myself this morning.

No Neck


Monster

Stacey and Clinton vilify the turtleneck, but I think there’s nothing better when it’s cold out. I may look a monster, but my no-neck is warm.

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

I've never been a fan on turtlenecks on myself. I always feel a bit like my neck is being lightly squeezed and it's just uncomfortable. I think there are definitely people who pull them off, and you look very cute here :)

Rosie Unknown said...

I love the pop that the tights add to the outfit!

Marie said...

Such exciting photos- the monster especially- lovely outfit as always.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Julia said...

Haha, cute. I love the teal with the brown and your blonde hair, very earthy.

Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

I like the way you layered the necklaces, very nice!

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

Two great Liz movies: "Suddenly, Last Summer" and "My Life With Father." Also "The Sandpiper" and "The VIPs."

Dr. Da said...

I love turtlenecks, and it saddens me whenever Stacey and Clinton dis turtlenecks.......does it really look like the woman has no neck? I always think it just looks like she is wearing a turtleneck!

gina said...

I did the no-neck monster scene in an acting class!!

Great outfit. Love the necklaces and animal legs. I'm a big fan of turtleneck. I'm rarely without either a turtleneck or scarf in the winters. Often I have both.

香水 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dancing fool said...

Love the tights. I also love turtlenecks, but alas, can't wear them 'cause I feel as if I'm being slowly strangled. Ah, if only I could wear them, they absolutely keep your neck warm!

Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Sometimes warmth wins out! And I think this turtleneck is just darling with the dress. I'm not usually a fan of the pairing, but it totally works here!

Unknown said...

love the tons of necklaces!!! i love to pile em on and this looks great!!