Monday, November 28, 2011

Bring Out the Tube

There are some well-known fashion rules: no white after Labor Day, red and green together only at Christmas, never mix black and brown, always match your shoes to your belt. But I’ll bet you didn’t know that knitted tubes cannot be worn until the first Monday after Thanksgiving.* I hope you didn’t already make that faux pas.


Dress (worn as a blouse) Brannan Studio San Francisco, thrifted. Skirt, thrifted and gifted. Tights, Target. Boots, Miz Mooz. Earrings, self-made. Belt, Deena & Ozzy.

Knitted tubes are tricky to wear. Is it a skirt or a minidress? What goes underneath? I’m still figuring it out.

It’s worth the difficult timing and styling for the unmatched warmth provided by such a garment. Long live the knitted tube!



*It’s time to pack up the knitted tube for the season when the last redbud blossom falls.

17 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I love this outfit and that belt is to die for!

Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

The tube is a genius piece of clothing and makes me long for colder weather...

Anonymous said...

Love the tube!

Do you follow all of the other rules? Personally I like to mix black and brown...but I'm definitely not a fashion expert :)

-Angela

Carrots said...

Those boots. Those BOOTS! Oh they are glorious.

Kasmira said...

Angela - I don't follow any of those other rules!

Megan G said...

That belt is just delicious! I don't really know those rules, because I guess the ladies in my life were never really traditional. I'm still not sure if my "poncho" is meant to be some type of dress or cape. I still plan on wearing it as both.

Anonymous said...

The knit tube looks like a cozy winter staple, and I am in love with your self-made owl earrings!

Healthy and Homemade said...

I dislike all of those rules hahaha. I'm not sure how you're supposed to style it, but you did a great job! You look amazing!

Sheila said...

I miss the tube! I was a big fan in the 80s (I long for my Daniel Hechter navy tube *sigh*).

Love how you belted it. My Miz Mooz are also getting quite soft around the ankle.

Anonymous said...

I love this look! I'm in love with your boots since you first posted them. I'm very tempted to put some money away to get a pair of my own.

WendyB said...

Your waist is tiny!

I think you should make up all the fashion rules.

GenkiOriana said...

Wait, no black and brown? Your belt has to match your shoes? Oh. Uh.. I'm doing it wrong. I like black and brown.

And I love your skirt. :)

Kasmira said...

GenkiOriana - doing it wrong is way more fun, though, right?

WendyB - Maybe the only rule should be, "No rules!" :)

Rose said...

So much to love in this outfit, but I'm especially enamored with your belt and self-made earrings! I am an owl-lover myself, and I covet those earrings especially! :-)

The Tote Trove said...

Knitted tube, he he. What a funny word! But you wear it well.

Sarah said...

Multi-useful knitted tubes are the best. Seems super comfortable.

I don't follow any of those rules!

Keely said...

So becoming! I love the funky belt with that skirt and the green boots are gorgeous.