Friday, November 18, 2011

New to Me

Hurrah! It’s sweaterdress time. Every year, I forget I own this dress. I drape it, doubled, over the bottom rung of a hanger, and it isn’t easily spotted in my closet. That’s alright. The surprise makes it feel like I’ve found a new dress each fall.


Blazer, Cami. Dress, Melton. Tights, Target. Shoes and brooch, thrifted. Earrings, vintage.


The top half of this wrap dress is way too scandalous to wear alone. I always wear a shirt underneath or a blazer or sweater on top.

5 comments:

mar said...

Świetna sukienka :) Podoba mi się jej łączenie w różne stroje - choć to ta sama sukienka, która emituje spódnicę :D

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Love it with the red jacket..this is such a versatile, beautiful dress!!

The Tote Trove said...

Cute! I like the embroidery. I think my favorite way you wore it is over that ruffly red floral blouse. I too have some dresses I fling over the bottom rung of a hanger, forgotten, only to be rediscovered later. I agree; it's like finding new clothes!

maryeb said...

I love sweater dresses and used to have a similarly scandalous one. I loved its' beautiful color but gave it away because I just didn't know how to wear it. That was before reading your blog. Now I wish I still had that dress.

Cara said...

I find it funny that you forget about this dress, but whenever I think of your blog, this is the dress that comes to mind! Possibly, it's because it's probably the dress of yours that I covet the most!