Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wrestling Day

Jacket, Wilson’s Leather. Striped tank, Express. Gray tank, No Boundaries. Yellow sweater, Body Central. Skirt, Dex (via swap). Necklace, Kenneth Cole Reaction. Bag, World Market. Boots, Playhouse.

Well, what DO you call the day after Boxing Day? I suggest Wrestling Day. At least it was supposed to be wrestling day for me. Mike was invited to his friend Tony’s house to see pay-per-view UFC. Ultimate fighting isn’t wrestling, but it often devolves into what looks like wrasslin’ to me. I detest fighting, but was planning to tag along for the chance at a soak in Tony’s jacuzzi. However, I ended up not feeling well and stayed home. No hot tub and no wrestling. Boo.

I swapped my red satin blouse for this skirt via Wardrobe Swap Shop. It is from the same swapper who sent me the Dex jacket. I love all the ties hanging off the pockets. So did my kitty, Sammy.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurry up and move to DC so i can steal-- erm, i mean, borrow that purse!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Love the outfit! Too bad you missed the fight, it was a good one!

Ben Varkentine said...

Nice skirt; sorry you weren't feeling well.

bekster said...

You look ready to go on an adventure. If only you had an Australian hat...

Anonymous said...

I love this look - it's so earthy and funky at the same time. The layers add lots of texture.

Anonymous said...

By the way, how do I get into a swapping group like the Wardrobe Swap Shop? I have some great stuff I'd like to trade.

I tried to join Wardrobe Swap Shop a while ago, but my request to join is "still awaiting moderator attention".

Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Lisa -- the moderators for Wardrobe Swap Shop are diggin through piles of applications...maybe if you send them a little personal note it would help?

Daer0n said...

Love the outfit, that skirt is just gorgeous, you're definitely the queen of layering, all the outfits that you wear are super nice! :)

Another 10 for this look!

Ashleigh said...

wow you are gorgeous and I love the outfit from head to toe..
esp. that cute jacket
XX

Sheila said...

A very cute casual outfit!

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

cool outfit!
happy new year!

Katy said...

I like your outfit, but I ADORE those boots!

Unknown said...

Your blog is fabulous, but I am sure you are tired of hearing that! Anyway, I have been reading your previous posts for hours, and I have yet to find anything about your closet. Have you/ will you ever take pictures of your closet and show readers how you keep your obviously huge clothing stash organized?

Monika said...

wow, great blog, I'm glad I found you :)

Brooke said...

Hey, I love your style! I just wrote about your blog on my new one - hope you don't mind! Check it out!

ShopDownLite.com said...

Cute outfit - but no leggings - it's winter :-)

Fashion Trend Guide said...

Great layers and cute ensemble. I'm not a fan of wrestling, either. Happy new year to you!

Kasmira said...

Angela,

Here is a post on my closet:
http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2007/07/my-closet.html

And one on my accessories:
http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2008/05/expressive-accessories.html

And a picture of where I store my shoes:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2928387515_3e52028fb1.jpg

(BTW, links to the first two posts are in the right sidebar of my blog. The sidebar is currently pushed down to the bottom of the page, but normally it is directly to the right of my posts.)

Kasmira said...

ShopDownLight - it was almost 70 degrees on this day! No need for leggings. :)