Saturday, September 06, 2008

Antisocial

Dress, Giorgio Fiorlani (thrifted). Jacket, Dex (swap). Belt, thrifted. Boots, Playhouse. Bag, Nine West. Earrings, Claire’s.

I’ve written in my blogger profile that I’m a “faux extrovert” and it’s no lie. I’d be quite content, alone, on a desert island, provided I had enough books. I went to a surprise birthday party tonight where I knew only the organizer and did my best at small talk with mothers. At the end of the night, I was relieved to come home to my cats. (But thank you for the invitation, Erin!)

I got this jacket through a swap with a lady in British Columbia, Canada. It perfectly fit my antisocial mood this evening. I particularly like the skull-shaped buttons.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the buttons and the pockets on that jacket - super cute. Also love the boots.

Fia Kilbourn said...

Small talk with strangers you may never see again is the worst for me. It's so painful. I don't blame you for wanting to get home to your kitties.

Erica said...

All of these pieces just look like they were meant to go together. Love the dress and how you mixed the uber-feminine with the edge!

WendyB said...

I want that jacket!

The Cocoa Goddess said...

There is nothing wrong with wanting to avoid small talk and be at home. Faux extroverts of the world, unite!!

I also get a kick out of the fact that your jacket is from my side of the continent. And that you wore the same dress two days in a row :)

Sheila said...

Ooh, I'm from British Columbia!

Great jacket - there is some awesome indie fashion designers up here.

I hear you on parties - I have learned to be more outgoing, but I'm always so glad to get home and be alone.

Laura said...

I think we may be soul mates...except that you actually go to the events while I make up excuses to get out of them!

You look fabulous, dahling, as always!