Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Feathered

Missoni-esque dress, Lipstick. Denim jacket, Dalia Collection. Tooled leather belt, thrifted. Peeptoe pumps, Charles David. Bag, Prague (thrifted). Feathered headband, Forever 21. Ring, Jan Michaels.

The hair will be up for a few days as we deal with summer’s last gasps. In fact, it was too horrid outside to take photographs on the deck. (I was SO gross and sweaty after the Dotty photoshoot.) I plan to return outdoors soon, but interior shots will have to do until it cools off a little.



I didn’t realize, until I paired this headband with the dress, that the “Missoni-esque” print looks a little like overlapping feathers. I enjoyed the contrast of the colors and pattern of the actual and stylized plumage.

I’m tickled by the small revival of the 80’s peplum. I had a black sheath dress during that era that came with a detachable, tartan and metallic peplum. I wish I still had it. I belted this jacket to get more of a peplum effect from the swing shape.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a great outfit!

Jane said...

I love what you've done with the jacket, I think I'll borrow your style for mine.
Great shoes too.

Vildy said...

WoW what a clever! way to turn the trapeze trend into the peplum trend with what you already have.

Rural Felicity said...

I love that dress and how you paired it today! Fabulous!

grace said...

I really love your swept up hair with the feathered headband. It's just the right combination of fun and chic. Gorgeous.

Sheila said...

Your hair looks great like that - love the feathered headband.

I adore peplum jackets - it's one 80s look I don't mind seeing again.

Jo said...

I love the hairband! And hey, honey, I have that Klimt print too! :-)

The Baltimore Babe said...

Where do you wear this fab wardrobe?

Kim said...

I was about to say I have the same print as well, but Josephine beat me to it!
I used your headband/ponytail look today and freaking LOVE IT.
Thank you again for all the great ideas. Don't ever go away or I'll be forced back into jeans, khaki's and 3/4 length sleeve button down shirts. And nobody wants that to happen.

Londyn said...

Loving this look. I am a sucker for more of the classic cuts and fits on you. So pretty!

Miss T said...

I love this. Especially the leather mixed in.

Leslie said...

Yea for feathered headbands!! I just bought a couple today myself!