Friday, September 05, 2008

Purple Ain't So Bad

Cardigan, Wet Seal. Dress, Jovovich Hawk for Target. Maryjanes, Two Lips. Bracelet, Urban Outfitters. Belt, thrifted. Clutch, Apt 9. Feathered headband, Forever 21. Earrings, thrifted.


Today, I’m embracing the “humidity hair.”

In the comment section of Tuesday evening’s outfit, Sara recalled that I had stated a hatred of purple in prior posts. She was surprised to read that I’d be including it in my fall palette. Well, ladies, I’ve come around to purple. It looked really terrible on me as a blond, but the darker auburn hair seems a better match. I’ve also learned that the redder shades are more flattering to my skin than the bluer (see photo again). Finally, I’m just sick of all the other colors in my wardrobe. Purple excites me because it’s new.

8 comments:

grace said...

I love that dress! I saw those at Target and wondered who in the world they would look good on, and now I know!

Julie said...

It looked way cuter in person. :)

ericaJ said...

I love your shoes! I love that style and have been searching for an affordable pair! Also purple is beauty and I love it mixed with the touches of yellow! Very cute look!

Unknown said...

Oh, thanks for the shout out! I'm excited to see all the ways you work purple into your fall wardrobe. I LOVE the purple feathered headband. Totally going to search for something similar!

Leslie said...

Love the feathers! In fact, I ordered a few feathered headbands last week and am awaiting them to come in. Blair Waldorf, here I come!

Sheila said...

Love the pops of yellow with this. More purple! It looks great on you.

Stephanie said...

Very very cute! I love this on you!

myrubyslippers said...

Cool. Simple and chic. I like! The yellow and purple adds a nice touch. Cute headband - you should use more purple.