Monday, September 08, 2008

Nice Dress

Dress, Ann Taylor Loft. Necklace, Xhilaration. Obi, Sugadaminka (via ebay). Peeptoes, Bitten. Bag, Naturalizer (vintage and thrifted). Hairclip, made by me.


I didn’t think this outfit was so great when I put it on, but I received positive responses all day long. The compliments started with a “nice dress” at the tile shop this morning and continued at work and even this evening at MacBeth rehearsal. While the necklace and dress got mentions, I think the obi was the star of the day. I bought it from seller Sugadaminka on ebay. She’s since moved to etsy, but I don’t see the obi belts for sale. Maybe if you ask nicely? Mine (I also have the leopard version) were only $15 each, plus the postage from Australia.


Of course, the best accessory is a kitty cat

12 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your color combinations. it's inspiring. :)

La Belette Rouge said...

This outfit says 1940's Japan( before the war). I really love the Obi belt with the dress.

jennifer said...

Very pretty! I love all the hairclips you are making. YOU should start selling on Etsy!

kiran said...

have you seen yesterday's marc jacobs runway photos? your obi belt is so spring/summer 2009!
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2009RTW-MJACOBS

I think you need to post a tutorial for waist cinching with belts- i love the look but of statement belts but I never feel right in the look, it always feels/looks too cluttered when I try!

Sheila said...

I love that belt - that would go so well with so many things in my wardrobe.

Cute kitty - I love tuxedo cats.

Katy said...

That kitty is adorable! Still, as far as accessories go, methinks the belt and necklace are more versatile. ;-)

GeminiJulia said...

I found myself wishing I had an obi belt as I got dressed this morning. I wondered if I had the right accessories to fake it, but I don't. It might be a good weekend project for me though...
Love this outfit :)

Kim said...

Cuh-yute.

I like your combos.

JESSICA said...

i love your necklace! where did you get it from?

Kasmira said...

Jessica - the necklace is from Target. I bought it there in Spring 08.

Londyn said...

Really really pretty. Love that dress, and the belt/necklace combo is FABULOUS!

estrella said...

You're right, the obi makes the whole fab :)

I think this is the first comment I leave here... I discovered your blog about a week ago and I really like how you write, so friendly!