Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Business Boring

Tuxedo jacket, Odds ‘n Evens (thrifted). Blouse, Bebe. Cami, NY & Co. Floral skirt, Parallel (via swap). Pumps, Michelle D. Cameo, shopgoodwill.com.

This is the sort of outfit I call “business boring.” Blazer + blouse + skirt. *Yawn* There’s nothing wrong with it….it’s just missing the theatrical flair I prefer.

I can’t remember who, but a commenter recently asked if I’d tried shopgoodwill.com. In fact, I was somewhat addicted to it a few winters ago. Actually, I had a cameo jewelry problem, and I’d search shopgoodwill.com almost every day in search of new pieces. I think this is the only item I “won.” I’m thrilled that they’ve come back into fashion for fall. I’d like to thrift some and craft them into new pieces – perhaps a hair accessory?

The headband looks gray in the photos, but it’s actually a tweedy herringbone.

Damn, I look bored. Actually, I’m just tired. Ballet class didn’t end until 9 p.m. last night.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

yay shopgoodwill! it's where i've been getting the vast majority of my hello kitty...

i work for a goodwill, so i'm a tad partial to shopgoodwill.

WendyB said...

That skirt is so not boring.

Jean said...

I was just thinking 'that's a lovely outfit, that something I might even wear myself' when I saw your comment about what a boring outfit it was. Er, I like it - it looks very elegant. How can that skirt be boring anyway?

Kasmira said...

I suppose I'm just jaded. My excitement threshold is abnormally high. :)

Ben Varkentine said...

You seem to have a gift for outfits that wouldn't work on everyone, but definitely do on you.

But hey, what do I know about fashion? I'm a guy...

Leslie said...

I dont think this is boring at all--the skirt makes it not so and I think it looks great on you!!

Your yellow pumps could add an extra pop of color if you're wanting something a little different to mix it up some too I would think!

Pattyannie said...

It was me! I made the comment about shopgoodwill.com. I am addicted too, but with the extra shipping charges and percentages that they add on, a $5.00 purchase can be $20 when it is all said and done. I am also addicted to Etsy! The skirt looks very nice!

Sheila said...

Agreed with everyone else - so not boring! I would have done more yellow, maybe even a hit of bright red in there to jazz it up?

I'm "meh" on the headband.

"Óg" said...

The skirt keeps it from being too boring, but provided if you're sitting at a desk no one gets to see it. Totally cute though!