Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Staff of Ra

Jacket, Charlotte Russe (overdyed by me). Cowl-neck tank, NY & Co. Skirt, G.J. Forbes (thrifted and shortened). Necklace, thrifted. Shoes, Linea Paolo. Bag, Franco Sarto.


This pendant bears a resemblance to the headpiece of the Staff of Ra (Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark).

I showed my thrifted pendant to Mike (along with the owl pin). He took one look and said “but take back one kadam to honor the Hebrew god, whose Ark this is.” He cracks me up.

This is the second time I’ve worn this tank and jacket together, but the first since I dyed it. I like the contrast of colors much better now.

6 comments:

Pamela D. Crawshaw-Prangnell said...

Nice dye job! Adorable outfit. I'm taking notes.

...Pam

Sheila said...

These colours are really flattering on your skin - it looks like porcelain! I can't do those pastels; I look washed out.

Great necklace! Reminds me of ones my mom wore in the 70s...hmmm...I wonder if she still has them?

kct said...

I like your outfit! You look very cute and sexy! I love the skirt and the ponytail!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I was thinking about dyeing a pencil skirt and was looking for a good example of what I wanted the color to look like. My skirt is that same pale beige color that is almost gray and I want it that butterscotch tan color you have. Thanks, this was a perfect example! I'll try it!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful jacket! you made it even better than the original color! is that khaki? what color combination of dye did you use? my daughter needs khaki pants but the only pants she found that's comfortable does not come in khaki. so i'm planning on dyeing it to khaki. thanks!
btw..love all your projects! they all look great!
-rozel

Kasmira said...

I think I used a tan dye. Don't remember if it was Dylon or Rit.