Friday, August 22, 2008

Fall Fever

Dress, No Boundaries. Tights, We Love Colors. Shoes, Two Lips (Martini). Leather owl brooch, thrifted. Ring, Jan Michaels. Bag, World Market.

It’s been one year and one day since the last time I tired of summer. I’m so predictable!


I’ve been dying to start sporting my fall purple and these FABULOUS shoes. As far as fall shoe trends go, I shy away from a full on bootie or (the horror!) peep-toe booties. I am embracing mary janes, menswear detailing, and boot-like pumps. The tights are from We Love Colors. Although they may not look it in the flash, they are fully opaque. I am ordering more.

More fun trends I like: owls (yes, I’m late to this party) and mixing brown and gray. These aren’t necessarily fall trends, but they seem appropriate to the season.

And I can’t resist sharing Mike’s reaction to the owl brooch. I made him close his eyes while I pulled it out of the bag and held it to my chest. He took one look and said, “Well howdy there, Sheriff.” I’ll admit, from a distance, it resembles a law officer’s badge. I guess I’m the sheriff of Owl Town.



Adios, muchachos. It’s time for work.

15 comments:

hillary said...

you must of hated my peeptoe brogues then! ;)

Jeanne said...

Yay, tights from We Love Colors! I have several pairs in so many colors, and it's so much fun.

I've noticed that they get kind of baggy around the ankle, though... Have you noticed that?

Kasmira said...

hillary - I missed those! I'll have to catch up on your photos.

jeanne - no bagginess yet today! I am at the high end of the weight/height range for the S/M so maybe that makes a difference.

Kim said...

I've been counting the days until Fall since the middle of July. And since I'm in SC, I still have another few weeks before I can really start wearing my favorite clothes.
Thanks for answering my vest question - I'm wearing one today (with minimizing bra) and it looks good!

Unknown said...

Looks GREAT! I, too, am getting super excited about sporting some fall gear. Right now I can't stop thinking about leggings with dresses. But in Seattle we only get a few weeks of "summer", so it's basically blasphemy to admit :)

C said...

Aw, I love owls. That bag is so cute!

Alison said...

Ok, those tights look great and I'm thinking of sporting some myself this coming fall. But, it's been years since I've worn tights... Is that brand a little on the silky side? I like tights that my skirts don't stick to. Thanks!

Alison

Katy said...

I love it! I love owls as well.

Unknown said...

Love shoes, love bag, love hose. Dress---not so much.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shoes Kasmira :)

Laura said...

Dear Kasmira,

Your shoes told me they want to live in my closet.

Thank you,

Laura

(For reals - are they recent? I need them!!)

WendyB said...

I laughed out loud at "howdy there"!

Sheila said...

I love those shoes - they are similar to my black and white Fluevogs. Here's to granny chic!

Ashlee said...

i love the pop of color that your tights give this look.

lovely blog.

Kasmira said...

alison - the tights would probably stick to most fabrics. I wore a half slip under this dress. When I wear tights, I almost always wear a slip so I don't get "skirt creep."

laura - they are a recent purchase. Try googling "Two Lips Martini." I had to search to find them in my size because they are selling like hotcakes! I orderd .5 size larger than usual because that's all that was available - but it also turned out to be a good fit.