Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Homage to Joan

Strapless dress and cardigan, Moda International. Tartan pumps, Wet Seal. Tartan clutch, SR Squared by Sondra Roberts (gift from Londyn). Faux pearl necklace with medallion, Newport News.


I think this dress is Joan-worthy. However, a cardigan is required to make it office-appropriate.

When I wore my 15dollarstore.com dress a couple of weeks ago, another flickr member was kind enough to compare me to the character Joan Holloway of Mad Men. I’d never seen the show, but I googled images of the character and was both flattered and intrigued. Since then, Mike and I have watched all of season one. Predictably, I’m in love with the show’s wardrobe and styling. Joan is my favorite – from her curve-hugging dresses to her ruby lipstick to her flaming hair.

14 comments:

hillary said...

great minds. I did an homage to joan last week too! :) She is just sooooo magnificent!

GeminiJulia said...

I LOVE the Tartan pumps :) I have a similar pair but usually the occasion is not special enough to pull them out. Plus they're not all that comfortable. Kudos to you :)

Katy said...

Egad! Plaid! How fabulous! I love black and plaid. I'm having a poll over at my blog and your vote would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ;-)

Sheila said...

Killer outfit - were you a little dressy for work?

Love the plaid accents!

La Belette Rouge said...

You look Joan-tastic in this ensemble. The styling for Madmen is fantastic. Such a great show!!

And, I love how you worked the pearls.

Shell said...

very pretty and sophisticated! :) that sure is a lot of plaid with the accessories! personally, i'd go with either the purse or the shoes, but i know you're never one to shy away from matching. So, whatever floats your boat, you still look fab.

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

Joan is my fave character (except for Mr. Draper, natch). You look just like her! Now try Betty????
~Tessa

The Barb said...

You are definitely channeling Joan. I love Mad Men and adore the sexy secretary style.

Kelly said...

I've never seen Mad Men but it looks like you could easily pull off one of those long cigarette holders!

jennifer said...

You look like a movie star!

Southern Helle said...

Dead ringer for Joan! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration for me to break away from the khakis and polos.

ShopDownLite.com said...

First - great dress & pearls. Also - neat website at 15dollarstore.com - some fun stuff.

Kasmira said...

sheila - I'm overdressed for work nearly every day. It's just a matter of degrees. ;)

Diana said...

You TOTALLY look like Joan in this! Fabulous. Now you see why I love this show?! It's just amazing.