Tuesday, August 05, 2008

15 Dollar Tunic

Pocketed tunic, Trinity (via 15 Dollar Store). Leotard, vintage. Capri tights. Ballet slippers, Bloch.

I’ve recently discovered the 15 Dollar Store for clothing. Guess how much each item costs? I received my first order in the mail today. Because the sizing is juniors, and there are no returns or exchanges, I went a size up on everything. I recommend doing the same if you aren’t “junior.”

I’ll review each item as I wear it. This tunic is probably worth about $15, or less, so it wasn’t a steal, but I love the color, trim, and pockets. I wore it as a cover up for ballet, but ended up leaving it on for the entire class because I forgot my dance skirt.

A little more on my ballet togs…when I first started ballet, in college, I couldn’t afford new dancewear, so I got a couple of leotards from the thrift store. Fourteen years later, I’m still wearing them. I love the retro styling and shiny fabric. They no longer have much “hold,” so I wear a mesh leotard beneath. The colors are still bright and the fabric smooth, though. They made some good leotards back in the 80’s.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

oh! I just saw that you are from Cincinnati. Awesome, I'm from NKY, about 10 minutes from Cincinnati!

I've seen that site before but I never knew whether to risk it because it looked kinda shady. Good to know you actually got what you ordered, I'll have to check it out!

Anjeanette said...

Great find! I wish they had prices like that in L.A.!

Londyn said...

I've tagged you!

Sheila said...

The 80s used a much higher percentage of lycra/spandex in workout clothes - I had some that were practically scuba suits they were so strong!

Uh, your tights look sheer...maybe it's the light or the shininess? But I'm in huge admiration for your muscly legs - good on you, girl!

Jeanne said...

Oooh, ballet! I've been wanting to start up classes again for ages, but I've been holding off on it. Yay for ballet (or just ballet-inspired) outfits!

Jane said...

I have spent the past week posting pictures and reminiscing about the 80's - my era. Your look gives me hope that it will all be back soon.
The tunic and tights reminds me of Flashdance and Fame.
A time when I really did believe I was going to live forever!

Jessica said...

I love steals like that. There's another store http://store.buyhotcouture.com/info.html where everything is $15 or less and you have 10 days to return unworn items...if you're interested.

none said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janice Lois said...

Great find..! I too have a Pocketed tunic.

moccasinslover said...

Wow ! Love the ballet slippers. Hope we will see more of them :)