Friday, December 12, 2008

LGTMAS: Euro Chic

Fur collar, gift. Jacket, Odds ‘n Evens (thrifted). Dress, vintage and thrifted. Boots, Nine West. Bag, Crown Lewis (vintage). Belt, H&M. Ring, Rafia & Bossa.

Even after reading this section a few times, I couldn’t synthesize the ideas and suggested pieces into my own look. I just copied one straight from the How to Get the Look page:

Inspiration from the book:

In the end, I decided that Euro Chic was a sort of ladylike vintage look. Who better than Rhiannon of Liebe Marlene to be my Euro Chic Lucky Blogger Girl? Rhiannon has also had the honor of being featured in the actual Lucky magazine (August 2008) for her style.

9 comments:

lizbeth said...

Even if you copied it, you did an amazing job making your outfit look almost exactly like the picture!!

Anonymous said...

I second what Lizbeth said. I like the Euro Chic look but I don't quite know how to implement it. But you've inspired me to keep trying.

Anonymous said...

You did a perfect job with that outfit! You look incredible!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome outfit! I can't believe how closely it matches the book.

Chris said...

Interesting that they call this Euro Chic...it turned out very pretty on you, though :)

Great week of outfits all around!

Katy said...

I love the belt you're wearing! Do you happen to know which brand the satin-trim tuxedo jacket featured in Lucky was? I really like it.

Sheila said...

This looks like a really comfortable outfit. I like the vintage-y look of it - great job copying!

Kasmira said...

KD - unfortunately, the book doesn't list the brand on any of the "essential pieces" featured! It's very frustrating.

Unknown said...

shame about the fur....gift or not, it's not really a justification. Spoils an other wise excellent blog...