Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style

I recently checked out The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style from the library. The book reviews ten different styles. For each style, “essential pieces” are pictured, “lucky girls” embodying that particular style are featured, and stores that sell the components of the style are listed. I thought it would be fun, and a little academic, to try out each of the styles over the next two work weeks (my last two before vacation begins!) I promise this challenge will feature more variety than last week’s. If you’ll bear with me, I’ll attempt Mod, Bombshell, Posh Eclectic, Arty Slick, and Euro Chic this week.

9 comments:

estrella said...

It must be so much fun! And I'm eager to see it, the WWC was a very interesting experiment :)

Alison said...

I enjoyed the challenge last week. It really shows what to do when you have to pack light for a trip. I look forward to your challenge the next two weeks. It will be fun.

amyw said...

I love your challenges! I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this one. Kudos to you for always trying out new styles! :)

By the way, I'm so inspired by you and your outfits. Thanks so much for blogging about them!

Kim said...

I can't wait!
But I'm selfishly sad about you going on vacation. Even though mine starts a week from Wednesday. I will go into Kasmira withdrawal.

Leslie said...

Oh I cant wait! I flipped through this in the bookstore and loved it! Im watching for a cheap used copy so I can own it myself and try out all the looks as well.

Trish said...

I saw that book in the store....I think this will be a great challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

lorrwill said...

Ditto with the kudos for your creative flair and for sharing.

lorrwill said...

ARGH there are only three copies in my library system and they are all checked out...grrrrrrrrr...

Anonymous said...

I thought the book was way too complicated for my look; I took it back to the store after a looksy. Looks like you're doing well, though!