Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Blushing Humbug

Trench dress, Forever 21 (thrifted and overdyed by me). Striped dress and leggings, Mossimo. Long-sleeved tee, Bitten. Boots, Playhouse. Tooled leather belt, thrifted. Bag, Target. Ring, Jan Michaels San Francisco. Earrings, Panagea. Feathered clip, 100 yen store.


Trying the layered dress thing again.

I’m not really a humbug, but I’m afraid that I appear to be one because I lack any holiday “pieces of flair.” I’ll make up for that tomorrow.

P.S. Erin’s flushed cheeks inspired me to find a new blush. I’ve been using Maybelline Dream Mousse in Pink Frosting, but I found that it just wasn’t highly pigmented enough. In order to get the intensity I wanted, I had to use so much product that it was crumbling and falling off my face as I rubbed it in. I had some Lorac blush from a holiday set I ordered a couple of years ago, but I don’t like it because (1) it’s a powder and I prefer cream and (2) the color is all wrong for my complexion! I visited Sephora and switched to Stila Convertible Color in Petunia. Now, that’s the ticket! (I’ve also really liked DuWop’s Blush Therapy in Hug.) With my complexion, the brightest, most sickening pink looks best.

6 comments:

Kim said...

You look so cute!
I'm having the same problem with my blush; I use a cream by Estee Lauder and it just doesn't show up. I don't have any Sephoras near me anymore (which is a travesty), but I do have their counterpart Ulta. Looks like a trip there is in my near future.
Have a fun and fabulous Christmas!

Kayleigh said...

Count me in w/the blush probs. I need a matte shade, but I want it bright, not too flat...more pink than peach, not too dark but not baby pale either.

Add to that the fact that I'm vegan and...well, you get the picture. When I find "THE" blush I swear I'm going to celebrate, lol!

Anyway, sorry to go on...love those boots!! They look so cute with the outfit. I just admire the way you layer with dresses :)

Hope you have a happy holiday!!!!

Sheila said...

I use all MAC make-up - great stuff! I'm really oily, so I always go with powder.

Oooh, all this make-up talk - I'm giddy!

Have a very happy Christmas, Kasmira! Thanks for all the inspiration and fun outfits all year.

Ben Varkentine said...

I like the bag.

JR said...

I know you said you prefer cream, but have you tried Bare Escentuals? It's the only makeup I use. I am very very very very pale and it's the only makeup I can find that works with that. I use the blush in "Sorbet".

Anonymous said...

I use a Nars cream blusher in a really bright coral - I think we're similar colouring, that being one of the few that can pull coral off. Blush is one of the few make-up items that I wear EVERY day, so I think getting it right is of the utmost importance.

I do love this dress - you seem to get such a lot of wear out of it!