Friday, December 19, 2008

LGTMAS: Bohemian

Jacket, Dex (via swap). Dress, Jovovich Hawk for Target. Tights, Target. Boots, White Mountain. Scarf, Camp Foster “mall” (with tassels added by me). Bag, MCI (thrifted).


Is it terribly vain if I say I LOVE this outfit? Every single piece of it is one of my current favorites.

I hesitated to wear this to work because it seems awfully casual. But it’s my last day in the office this year, so it’s kind of like the ultimate casual Friday. Compared to all the light-wash jeans I’ll see at work today, I’ll be dressed up.

Inspiration from the book:

Today is the last day of the Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style series. I’d like to ask YOU to nominate a Bohemian Lucky Blogger Girl (or Boy). I’m excited to see who you’ll pick.

13 comments:

Kasmira said...

Someone on flickr just told me about thevintagesociety.com. Definitely a Bohemian style on that blog!

Sheila said...

I love this outfit and I don't think it's inappropriate for a Casual Friday at work.

Kudos on the great interpretations of all these styles, Kasmira!

wendeeB said...

I like the the short as opposed to long jacket (like in the pic). Are your tights reddish?

que81 said...

I posted good meaning and unfriendly sounding and straight comment after your turquoise velvet jacket pics.

mad-scientist said...

hi kasmira
funky looking outfit u hv there!
i see you hv had a lot of theme weeks in your blog, so you could also try theme week as 'boring clothes -funky jewelry'. its a challenge to make the outfit look interesting if you can't use the designs and patterns on the clothes, shoes and scarves and you are wholly relying on jewelry to do that.
you should try it. i'm not a fashion blogger but i tried this for about 2 weeks and wore the funkiest jewelry i could find with the most boring clothes imaginable. gained a new perspective towards my closet, you could say.
hv fun n happy holidays!

Katy said...

I love this outfit as well!

lorrwill said...

ACK. I can't get onto thevintagesociety.com something about a server error. Don't computers know that fashion can't wait!?!?!?

I also agree this is great for casual Friday. Personally, I would rather not be another jeans on Friday clone, myself.

lizbeth said...

That's a great dress! I own it too :)

The Cocoa Goddess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cocoa Goddess said...

It's not vain because it is a fabulous outfit! I believe you have just created a new sub-category for work-appropriate outfits: bohemian-office casual-chic.

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

A really cute dress!

yublocka said...

Lovely layering going on there!

Londyn said...

I think the fabric and length of the dress make it "on the edge" for appropriate business casual wear... BUT whether or not it is office appropriate -- it is freaking adorable!!! My favorite look of all the lucky looks.