Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bombshell Reject

Jacket, Breakin’ Loose. Dress, Jones New York. Sweater, Body Central. Belt, came with the dress. Tights, Danskin (2 pair!) Lace-up pumps, Isaac Mizrahi for Target. Bag, Payless.


I really wanted to center my Bombshell outfit around this dress. The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style shows tons of leopard print on the Bombshell pages, so I felt compelled to use an animal print. I came up with this outfit, but, although I like it, I decided it wasn’t quite Bombshell enough. I hung the entire ensemble on a hanger and put it away for another day. That came in handy this morning.

13 comments:

Kim said...

For a reject, this is a nice outfit. I've always liked that bag too.
Growing out my bangs may be the death of me before it's all over.

Katie Keisler said...

I bet it you had changed the accent color from yellow to hot pink, you'd been more bombshell-y!

Katie

~Corey said...

I don't know how Lucky defines bombshell, but when I think bombshell, I think of something sexier. Like with more cleavage. Gosh that seems strange to say to another woman.

It is a great outfit though!

Chris said...

Cute outfit though! And the bag is gorgeous, just gorgeous...

Cathryn said...

I think you picked the right outfit for Bombshell. The booty skirt and fur lapel sweater screamed BOMBSHELL. Still, I'm glad you saved this outfit; it's cute in its own right.

Anonymous said...

when you wear this, do you leave the jacket on all day? or do you take it off to show the sweater?

Unknown said...

Blazers never seem very bombshell to me. But this is cute in a prepster sort of way.

Ben Varkentine said...

Quite striking!

Sheila said...

Fab outfit! A cobalt blue belt would be snazzy with this. A cardi or jacket with a faux fur collar would up the bombshell quotient!

WendyB said...

You need my zebra stud earrings to go with!

yublocka said...

Every time I see this dress I like it even more. Today is no exception!!!

Kasmira said...

evandine and sara - I added the blazer for warmth...and I did leave it on all day. The outfit actually looked pretty bobmshell without the blazer, but I couldn't stand bare arms.

Angie said...

I just wanted to comment on your lace-up pumps. I went to Target in search of a pair like yours, didn't find them, but did end up with an adorable pair of Mary Jane-type pumps instead. Thanks!