Wednesday, December 03, 2008

WCC: Day 3

Cardigan, Wet Seal. Dress (worn as a blouse), Lipstick. Skirt, Moda International. Scarf, stolen from a theater production. Tights, Danskin. Lace-up pumps, Isaac Mizrahi. Earrings, Claire’s. Tote (not pictured), Tommy Hilfiger.


I’m not sure if I’m a fan of the way the dress under the skirt looks without obscuring layers.

Today, the serious repetition begins. Monday’s dress is almost unrecognizable as a blouse (and very little of it shows under the cardigan and scarf). The silhouette of the cardigan is pretty different from Monday’s, but anyone paying attention would realize it is the same garment. And there is just no disguising the fact that I wore this skirt yesterday.

I haven’t told a soul at work about the Wardrobe Capsule Challenge and I wonder if anyone will approach me to ask if I’m okay. Without the background, they might think my washing machine had broken or that Mike kicked me out of the house with only a single bag of clothing.

Today’s pieces:

Still haven’t pulled out the black handbag. Maybe that was a waste of capsule space!

10 comments:

Kim said...

I bet no one at work notices because you're doing such a good job with changing up the pieces which makes the basic ones unnoticable.
I have so many pairs of black dress pants, I often wonder if people think I'm wearing the same pair on the weeks when I lack imagination and wear black pants for several days. I don't like my co-workers anyway, so I don't really care what they think.

Anonymous said...

Pretty layering! You look very very nice!

Kayleigh said...

I love your idea of using a dress as a shirt...I mean, I've seen it done as a skirt before, but not as a shirt -- brilliant!

I don't know about you, but I'm learning tons from doing this...and it's kinda fun, too :)

You look great, can't wait to see what you do tomorrow!

Sam said...

Such a lovely look!

Jane said...

I am glad you are rising to the challenge and I agree about wearing the dress as a shirt although I think you need to be superslim (like you) to get away without it looking too bulky.

lorrwill said...

Clever look.
Is the scarf knotted or did you use some kind of clever clip or such?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Kasmira said...

Jane - I think the trick is that the dress is super slim. It is a VERY thin material, so the bulk under my skirt isn't any more than a slip.

lorrwill - I just knotted the scarf. I'll admit that I did clip my work badge to the knot later, but it wasn't very stylish.

Sheila said...

I like the dress under the skirt - I might do a fuller skirt, but only slightly, like a tulip instead of pencil silhouette.

Are you getting tired of your mini-wardrobe? I know I am! It is a lot of fun, though. My coworkers all check out to see what I'm wearing and how I've mixed it up.

Emma said...

You have a great fashion sense, you have inspired me to start my own blog.

Jael Paris said...

Love how you're working the dress. I should try layering mine like that.