Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holly Jolly


Dress, London Times. Tights, Hue. Shoes, Nine West. Earrings, Claire’s.

I sort of accidentally ordered these shoes. I had them on my Amazon wishlist (in the orange/mustard/brown multi) from this summer. When I went to buy a few gifts for family (also saved to my wishlist) I found that the shoes had been marked down to $23.99, but were only available in black patent. I couldn’t resist the low price and free shipping. The black makes them perfect to swap out with my lace-up pumps.

I had to work some Photoshop magic to capture the true color of the tights in the lead pictures. The flash made them appear bright blue. This indoor photo, with no flash, shows the purple color as it appears in life.

P.S. I wore this to a holiday party. This is what I wore last year to the same event.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Cute outfit, and love the shoes! :)

I'm amazed you guys don't have snow. It's like -5 here with God only knows what kind of wind chill (it's super windy today).

Anyhow, love the colored tights. I've tried a few colored pairs, nervously, I admit, but I ended up getting lots of compliments on them, so I'll keep up the trend.

Katy said...

I love purple and black and those shoes are awesome!

Sheila said...

Love the tights - some great advice on the dress too.

Unknown said...

I love the tights you get from Hue, but where do you get them? There website only has really bland colors.

Fashion Trend Guide said...

I'm with you on purple tights, I just wore some the other day! Yours look amazing!

J said...

So... is black required at this shindig?

lizbeth said...

I find flash is always an evil beast when it comes to purple. Haha :)

*Diane* said...

OOh i really like how you've paired the tights w/ that dress

Londyn said...

So cute! I have those shoes in brown ;)