Sunday, December 18, 2011

Character

I don’t know if anyone notices, but the tagline of my blog is “All the world’s the stage. . . and this is my costume.” I approach dressing the same way I do acting: it’s fun to be another person for a while. I like trying on a persona for a day.


Shirt, FY2 (thrifted). Sweater tunic, Urban Vibe (swap). Jeggings, Mossimo. Bag, H&M. Boots, Vince Camuto. Earrings, Urban Outfitters. Sunglasses, Xhilaration.

So, who was I today? I was simply Kasmira, the actress. We attended TDW’s annual holiday brunch in our new building, the former Glenmore Bowl! The best/most embarrassing part of the event was when my blog was recognized for improving the Google results for “the drama workshop.” I guess I didn’t stay in character when I blushed and ducked my head. I think the actress would have stood up and taken a bow.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great combo - I love the stripes with the leopard peeking out!

Clothes Karma said...

Birds, stripes and leopard print? This outfit rocks. The mural in the background is cracking me up too (because it seems as if you're sort of interacting with the mural characters in a few pics).

Are you wearing Essie nail polish in Sew Psyched? It looks like it, but I could be wrong. I've been wearing that shade for a few weeks now.

clotheskarma.tumblr.com

Kasmira said...

Clothes Karma - you have an eagle eye! It is Sew Psyched!

I hope to return to the mural for pictures, again. It is on the side of a comic book store. Perhaps Beefy will direct me for more interactive pics.

Lorena said...

Yep I have read your header :)
I never thought of it that way, now that you mention it .. but it makes all the sense in the world.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Kasmira is my favorite character of all...but I do love it when the others show up! Cute look!

Rebecca said...

That green nail polish is fun!

Lola said...

This one is a home run! (Whoops, maybe that's a persona for another day.)

Cel said...

I really love the stripes with the animal print. Another great outfit :)

WendyB said...

Ooh, love those boots!