Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thrifty Gifty

I like gifts from the thrift store. I mean literal gifts from actual people, not just the “gifts from the universe” I find there. I guess some people wouldn’t like a thrifty gift, but I’m always tickled to receive one.


Sweater, Banana Republic (thrifted and gifted). Tee, Metro Scooter. Skirt, B Moss (thrifted). Tights, Hue. Boots, Vince Camuto. Bag, thrifted. Earrings, Urban Outfitters. Belt, Brighton (thrifted).

Beefy’s sister thrifted and gifted this totally adorable sweater. I love the shrunken fit and the ELBOW PATCHES!


Last year, she thrifted and gifted me a belt, the knitted tube, and a purse.


I can’t wait to wear the rest of this year’s thrifty gifts (more tubes!)

7 comments:

Lynne Guyan Tanzer said...

I adore those boots!
Lynne xoxo
www.dollfacedlynne.blogspot.com

Clothes Karma said...

I love the elbow patches on that sweater.

I feel like I'm always picking up gifts for people at the thrift store. If it doesn't fit me, I can usually think of one or two other people that it will fit! The weirdest was probably when I showed up at work with a second-hand skirt for my coworker!

Sarah said...

We always give thifty gifts to our neighbors! Like you, they don't mind at all.

Beefy's sister has a good sense of style!

Becky said...

I used to own that B. Moss skirt! I imagine mine was much larger than yours is, though, so I highly doubt it's a thrifty gift from my universe to yours. :)

Megan G said...

BRB - stalking your closet to steal that sweater - OMG ELBOW PATCHES! I hope you gave Beefy's sister a big hug, she's gifted you some great stuff. I love thrifted gifts.

Justine said...

Very cute look! The sweater looks like a rreally nice gift. Love the patches! And I love the pop of yellow on your tights!

- Justine
luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

I think thrifty gifts are great as long as you and the person both agree to do this - I think we generally get caught in the idea that equal amounts of money must be spend by both giver and receiver. So even if I wanted to give my thrifted coach bag away, the fact that I only spent $10 on it would be unacceptable when the friend spent $30 on me, even if the thrifted item would be worth more if bought new.

But anyway, you got some really great thrifted gifts, and I love that sweater!