Monday, December 05, 2011

Plaid vs Gingham

Assigning names to patterns can get confusing. This skirt is definitely a plaid, but the top can be described with a few different terms. Some might call it gingham and some might call it buffalo plaid (or buffalo check). Technically, I believe the squares are too large for gingham. It’s buffalo* something-or-other. I prefer “check,” since that’s less confusing than “plaid.”


Tunic, Wet Seal. Skirt, Hauber Sporting Life. Belt, Buckle. Booties, Madden Girl. Bracelets, World Market, Claire’s, and Fort. Bag, D&G knockoff (thrifted).


I’ve only created tags for “gingham” and “plaid,” so this tunic has been tagged incorrectly every time I’ve worn it.


*I’m not sure what buffalo have to do with the pattern. Maybe it's like "magic eye" and if you stare at it long enough a buffalo will appear.

6 comments:

Justine said...

Really liked how you mixed the two patterns here.

That belt is rockin' too!

luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

Megan G said...

That plaid skirt is very unique! I love the pleating of it. I tend to think of Buffalo "plaid" as lumberjack plaid. I think this might be my favorite mix of your tunic, the sunny yellow skirt pairing being a very close second.

The Tote Trove said...

That is one versatile tunic! I enjoyed seeing all the different ways you styled it. And the semantics lesson was fun too :)

WendyB said...

It's fun to scroll through those pix and see your hair change!

Unknown said...

I love the evolution of your style! And so many inspiring ways to wear a single piece. You rock!

Anonymous said...

You are fearless! Love the pattern combo.

Jeanette