Thursday, December 15, 2011

Watercolors in the Rain

I was flipping though old entries in this outfit diary and rediscovered my Monet outfit from almost two years ago. The ensemble was inspired by Monet’s waterlily paintings. Today, I recreated the outfit, swapping out the original dress for my watercolor frock. Quel masterpiece!


Blazer, vintage. Dress, Mossimo. Tights, We Love Colors. Booties, Sigerson Morrison for Target. Necklace, Epcot Morocco tassel and thrifted arrowheads. Bracelets, Deb, thrifted, and Target.

It’s raining today, so it’s for the best that my outfit isn’t literally made from watercolors. I’d be standing in a colorful puddle.




Monet Water Lilies, 1914


Kasmira’s watercolor outfits, Decembers 2009 and 2011

9 comments:

Mykki said...

Oh my gosh, I love your boots!

Megan G said...

This is so cute. I love your hair, the blue booties, and the inspiration!

Julie said...

Amazing timing on this post. I'm going to the Waterlilies exhibit in St. Louis this weekend. Maybe I'll find a Monet-inspired outfit to wear too. Yours is beautiful.

GenkiOriana said...

The blue boots are pretty awesome and I love the dress!!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love this dress so much and I really like the way you styled it with the boots. I wish I could find a dress like this...it is great!

Londyn said...

So inspired! Love it.

melbapearl has nothing to wear said...

fab blue shoes

Amy T. said...

I love this! I own the same dress, but didn't wear it much this summer because I was too self conscious about my legs....but I saw this and remembered it was in the back of my closet so tomorrow I'm gonna wear it with black leggings, black slouchy boots, a navy sweatshirt blazer with sleeves rolled and a cuff bracelet and a gray infinity scarf!

Kasmira said...

Amy T - your outfit sounds great! That dress is SO versatile!