Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sand and Ice

It turns out that snow boots are also good in sand. Not good in sand: camera lenses. I forgot to zip the backpack and dumped two of them into the dunes. I’ll be doing some lens maintenance tonight. But my toes are sand-free!


Sweater, Takeout. Turtleneck and bag, Mossimo. Scarf, borrowed. Hat, Stray Dog. Pants, Rocks and Indigo. Boots, Sorel.



Sorels beat snow and sand, but ice is still slippery when you’re wearing them. Guess I need cleats to be truly winterized.


Although I did not fall down, Beefy made me remove the camera backpack before doing my “ice dancing.” Of course, I managed to still drop the lenses into the sand not twenty minutes later.

Photos by Beefy Muchacho

9 comments:

LyddieGal said...

Lenses in the sand??? That is bad, bad news. I did that once, it was not a fun time. It was like $200 for canon to clean out the sand.

The landscape is super amazing though, and i love your peach pants!

Chic on the Cheap

C Lo said...

are you by a great lake!!???

Kasmira said...

C Lo - we're on Lake Michigan.

LyddieGal - the lenses are dry and I have the proper tools. I have hope that I can do it myself!

Jude said...

Holy cow! Ice and snow at the beach?! I guess I never thought about that one before. Duh, y'all have beaches up north as well. Thanks for showing me something I've never thought of or seen before!

Clothes Karma said...

You are too much fun! I wish that I had girlfriends like you to travel with. We'd just visit cool landmarks and take pictures of our outfits ;)

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Love your outfit and your photos.
For something really good on ice, try yaktrax. They are fabulous on ice, not so good on bare concrete.

Anonymous said...

I like the colors in this outfit (peach, soft gray and muted green in the boots) and the pictures are just fun! :-)

Jessica

PS-And why does gray (grey?) have two different spellings?

Cel said...

You are awesome. Ice dancing for the win! I've got a pair of Sorels too... they're great but HUGE. Yours don't look ginormous like mine, hm.

Rose said...

So strange to see snow on a beach!

You look great in those pants! Love the color!