Friday, December 23, 2011

Thrifting Uniform

When I dress for thrifting, I start with a base layer of leggings and fitted top. Depending on the season, the top might be a tank, a tee, or a turtleneck. Then, I add a short skirt (so I can try on skirts or pants underneath). On top, I add stretchy, weather-appropriate toppers, like a cardigan or knit jacket. In the summer, I look for easy off and easy on shoes. In the winter, I have fewer quick change footwear options, but I do look for a low heel and good traction. Add a crossbody bag and I’m ready to hit the Goodwill.


Jacket, Allen B. Cardigan, NY & Co. Turtleneck, Mossimo. Skirt, BB Dakota (thrifted). Leggings, Xhilaration. Boots, Vince Camuto. Gloves and bag, Mossimo. Charm necklace, VCLM. Magnifying glass necklace, Renaissance Faire.

I always feel like it gives me a bit of thrift luck to wear something I bought secondhand. Today’s good luck charm: the suede skirt, from the Reading St Vincent de Paul.



I scored big at Goodwill. Thanks, Reva, for being my thrifting buddy, today!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Clever, I am learning to dress smarter, but I am doing leggings now for sure!

Londyn said...

Uber cuteness! You look adorable!

Totorosie said...

I have never considered going clothes shopping in a really specific outfit before - what a good idea! Definitely trying this out next time I go shopping!

EmilyAdele said...

I have a confession. I have been following your blog for over a year after my friend, Greta, shared a link to it on Facebook. So when I saw you at that West side restaurant having lunch, I was awkwardly shy and opted to NOT interrupt your lunch to be a geeky fan. But I told my friends I recognized you from your blog and that I felt like a geeky fan. Also, I was not dressed to impress that day...not that you would judge me. But had I been wearing something quirky or FAB that day, it may have given me the courage to say hello! OH, and tell Beefy I love his photos and his year end picks (and why he picked them). You two are blessed to have each other!

Kasmira said...

EmilyAdele - please say "Hi" next time! I promise I'll be the awkward one in the conversation!