Thursday, July 21, 2011

Basically Thrifted

I go to the thrift store to find whack-a-doo items. I look for sequins, velvet, and odd prints. I want leather and silk and lace. I’m searching for items the previous owner found unsuited to “real” life. And I pounce upon decades-old clothing, last seen moldering in an attic.

Sometimes I worry that I scare other people off from thrift shopping since I seem to leave with a bag full of crazy lady clothes each time. When I dressed in entirely thrifted clothing today (except for the shoes), I was pleased to note that my shirt is quite normal.


Shirt, Mossimo (thrifted). Skirt, Herman Geist (thrifted and shortened). Necklaces and bracelet, thrifted. Bag, Liz Claiborne (thrifted and gifted). Shoes, Fioni.

Thrift shopping is the easiest, cheapest path to an eclectic wardrobe, but there are plenty of basics to be had, as well.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

Everything was thrifted from a shop in the Cincinnati area! Today, I’m wearing Goodwill, St Vincent de Paul, and 2nd Street Boutique.

Thrift | Everybody, Everywear

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. Most of my quirky items are thrifted, too. But many of my workhorse basics are also secondhand.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Drooling over the shoes, they're fab!

Unknown said...

You are s brave lady to wear velvet this week, though I am always in a scarf of some kind as well ;)
xXx
Reva
(I do love that skirt, and darn, I still need to crop mine!)

Ally @ Fever Thrift said...

i really love your necklaces! for some reason, i haven't had much luck thrifting jewelry lately. do you have a favorite spot for thrifting jewelry? maybe i just haven't been putting the right amount of jewelry effort in...i just really hate having to look through the glass case to see the stuff. i'm a more hands-on thrifter :)

ally

Kasmira said...

Ally - the Valley Thrift on Reading and the St Vincent de Paul on Glenway both display their jewelry in an easy-to-see manner (i.e. not in plastic baggies!). But honestly, some of my best finds have been when I pestered the staff to pull out entire trays of jewelry-in-baggies for me to paw through.

uberbeige said...

the skirt is stunning. love the way you've styled it.

Jess @twinstyles.blog said...

I love everything about this outfit. I get everything from thrift stores. Whether quirky, professional, dressy (my sister's maid of honor dress, lol), or causal. There the "every woman, every style" store. And they're damn easy on the wallet. Can't go wrong.
Jess :)