Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Trends: Eclectic Prints

Are you familiar with the lame-ass practice of starting an essay with a definition?

Ec•lec•tic
Adjective
1. selecting or choosing from various sources
2. made up of what is selected from different sources

Today’s Summer Trends challenge is Eclectic Prints. I’ll be honest: Before looking up the definition, I thought “eclectic” was just a genteel way of saying “bat shit crazy.” So, I picked my weirdest print and paired it with two patterned accessories.


Blouse, Daytrip. Skirt, Herman Geist (stolen and shortened). Belt, Wilson’s. Cuff, Pangaea. Wedges, Steven by Steve Madden. Bag, vintage. Rings, Jan Michaels San Francisco and vintage.

Is this eclectic?




Photos by Beefy Muchacho

Tomorrow’s trend is Go Neutral. I’m not sure if I know how.

6 comments:

Claire said...

I love how well the cuff and skirt prints go together! Great job :)

Megan G said...

Ohmy! Yes! This is exactly what I was thinking when I thought eclectic. Love the mixture of dog portraits and leopard print.

Healthy and Homemade said...

Hahaha, bat shit crazy. That's so awesome. I love this look!

Callie - Coffee and Cardigans said...

I absolutely adore that skirt! It's very unique and the whole look reminds me of classic vintage fashion. Love it!

Mel.J said...

Aww... I was hoping for a 'bat shit crazy' photo...

Tara said...

I love, love, love, this skirt. And I really think the eclectic mix works here. You'll have to try much harder to reach bat shit crazy!