Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Trends: Stripe and Floral Mix

This week, I’m playing along with Megan Mae and Keely’s Summer Trends challenge. A few of the trends are already on steady rotation through my daily wear, but I was challenged by others.

For a stripe and floral mix, this outfit was my first thought.


Top, Jones New York (thrifted). Skirt, INC (thrifted). Shoes, Isaac Mizrahi for Target. Beaded necklace, vintage. Mixed metal necklace, Target. Bracelets, World Market, Claire’s, and thrifted. Bag, Massini.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

I’ve been pairing stripes and florals for over three years…and I don't intend to stop!


Tomorrow’s trend is Military paired with Feminine.

11 comments:

CB said...

I love the colors of this outfit! You did an awesome job for this challenge!

Whitney
whitneybetweenthelines.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

A marvelous mix! I need to get over my cowardice and try stripes with florals.

Anonymous said...

The stripes w/floral is pretty. What I do not understand is how in the world do you remember where everything has come from.Do you put labels on things so you can remember?

Erma in dried up TX

Kasmira said...

Erma - when I started the blog, my wardrobe was small, so it was easy to remember labels and sources. As my wardrobe grew and the blog developed, I just made a habit of remembering. Now that I'm on a clothing budget and report my purchases each month, I have a written record of when and wear I bought each piece! (And how much I paid for it.)

Style Journey said...

So pretty! Your skirt is fabulous paired with the black and white stripes. The bow on your skirt is the icing on the cake.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

You are the guru of stripes and florals. I was always afraid to do it until I actually did it. Now it is not near as scary.
I like that your bag had a pattern as well!

Megan G said...

Great outfit! Love those shoes. You've been a master of floral and stripes pairings. I also love that last outfit of your roundup. The bag is the perfect touch.

Keely said...

So cute! I love your color choices. So bright and cheery! You are the mistress of pattern mixing, as well as, trend-trying, so this week should be easy for you. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for joining the fun!

Anonymous said...

I am SO amazed at the outfits you put together that are primarily comprised of thrifted items.

Beautiful.

~ Ad

Londyn said...

ooo - I love this!

...bill said...

If those photos are taken where I think they're taken you guys are getting adventurous. good to see!