Monday, November 23, 2009

Michigan

I had no idea Michigan was so cool. I’m on a mini-vacation before Thanksgiving, exploring a few small towns along Lake Michigan’s southeastern shore.


Cardigan, I Heart Ronson. Dress, vintage, thrifted, and shortened. Leggings, Danskin. Boots, Diba. Belt, Macy’s. Hat, Nine West. Turtleneck and gloves, Mossimo.

It was a beautiful day at the lake – crisp and cool with a mix of clouds and sun. I got away without wearing a jacket at all.


Last time I was at Lake Michigan was during a cross country drive with my sister in 2000. We asked a nice young man to take our photo in front of the lake. Unbeknownst to us, his friend wanted to be in the picture too:


Let’s take a closer look:


Ah, Michigan.

17 comments:

Audi said...

Haha! -- this confirms what I have always suspected about people from Michigan...

Sheila said...

Ha, that is hilarious!

By the way, I saw this site and thought of you and your owl fixation: http://owltattoos.blogspot.com/ There is some amazing art there.

WendyB said...

Nice jump!

Julia said...

But now his ass is on the Internet, so who REALLY got the last laugh? Hilarious!

xx
Julia

Pixel said...

Michigan is an amazing place! I'm also in Michigan during Thanksgiving, near Traverse City. Lake Michigan is beatiful!

Moni said...

That's a hilarious picture. Where are you visiting in Michigan? I've lived in Ann Arbor for almost 3 years (law school) and I have to admit that I haven't explored much of it at all.

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

Hee hee, that's pretty cheeky! I'm pretty intrigued by the pattern mixing you have done her and in so man other places. I don't know that I would ever pair that dainty English rose print with bold punky stripes, but I'm glad that you do.

Londyn said...

LOL - that would only happen to you Kasmira..!

Kasmira said...

Moni - we stayed near Three Oaks. It's a little town not too far north of Michigan City, IN.

Adele said...

LOL! "Mooooooon riverrrrrr..." ;-D

Raquelita said...

So funny!

I do love that dress you're wearing. It's one of my faves of yours.

Unknown said...

That's an epically awesome photo! Nothing like a little heinie to add pizzazz to a photo. Happy Thanksgiving, Kasmira! :)

Rosie Unknown said...

Cute outfit, and that is so funny! I cant believe anyone would actually do that!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

jajajaja hilarious!! I really like how the navy tights look with that dress! very pretty!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Academichic said...

I love this floral dress with the striped cardigan! It's such a pretty mix!

Ha, I loved your comment about the purse and the key conundrum! I guess I will get a second purse to hold the key that unlocks the first one ;)

S.

Jennie said...

ahahah! That's a pretty gross Photobomb! You have to submit it to thisisphotobomb.com!!

Iva Messy said...

LOL OMG!! that is pretty funny!!