Thursday, November 19, 2009

Kinda Punky

Is it just me, or does tartan + chains and studs = punky? Sort of Vivienne Westwood.

Cardi, Moda International. Tank with attached necklaces, swap. Dress, Bitten. Boots, Rampage. Arrowhead pendants, thrifted. Tassel, Epcot Morocco. Studded cuff, Hot Topic. Studded bangles, Deb. Tights, don’t remember but probably Target. Hair clip, self made.


The beads and most of the chains are attached to this tank. They attach to loops inside of the shirt with lobster claw clasps. The “necklace” tends to tangle, but I like it that way.

The tassel was sold in Morocco (at Epcot) as a keychain. Since I like to wear tassels around my neck, I repurposed it as a pendant. The arrowheads on either side give it a tribal feel.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always have the best outfits! I love how you incorporated the tassel necklace here- wow, amazing!

xoxo
Amy

thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

The Village Idiot said...

great outfit!!! love the tassle keychain necklace!

Robin said...

I love the clip in your hair- so many people ignore clips and hats!

Sheila said...

This is so cute - I am a sucker for plaid! Love your punk look!

Julia said...

Wonderful! I tried that dress on but it look horrible on me--so glad it found a better home with you!

Lorena said...

WOW.... you tassel lady make me envious !!!
I still have to find a tassel that i love and make a necklace..... or something !

Rhonda said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the boots!!!

Radhiana said...

love ur total look :)

Radhiana said...

love ur total look :)

The Cocoa Goddess said...

Love the patterned tights with the tartan dress. Very punk vogue!

workhard said...

That is such a cute outfit..like your style

Lingerie Blog

Adele said...

Definitely kinda punky ... I love the tartan, tights and knee boots combination.

Audi said...

Yes, it's totally punky, and I love it!