Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DKNYnspired


Have you seen the DKNY ad in magazines this fall? The one with the models all dressed in gray and black, accented with kelly green and fuchsia? I cut the pages out and inserted them into my inspiration book. Then, I let inspiration take me away…


Hat, Epcot Germany. Dress, Forever 21. Tights, We Love Colors. Bag, Liz Claiborne. Bangles, Girl Props. Shoes, Wet Seal. Earrings, Target.

I have to admit that I did not wear the hat except for pictures. I had planned on wearing it for the day, but realized I’d only be outside for a few minutes and headgear isn’t worn in my workplace. The hat is the perfect crowning touch, though.

And the tights are pretty awesome, too.


Donna Karan was so impressed with my outfit that she had me inserted into the ad!


I tried to look all dour and glum like the models, but just couldn’t do it. Donna’s people had to photoshop me a little to get me close to model height. They didn’t do too good of a job, though. Look at my giant feet!

15 comments:

Judy said...

Love the hat. Hope you'll add it to another outfit someday when you have outdoor doings.

Kim said...

I've been drooling over those ads for over a month now, but I'm not sure what the models are so pissed off about. If I looked like that and had their money, you wouldn't be able to keep the stupid grin off my face.
That dress looks great on you!

Onika said...

I can't believe I don't have some sort of inspiration board or book. It's in my head I guess :) I might start one. I covet your hat. I have been blessed with a giant head and so I can't wear them.

maryeb said...

LOL, very cute idea. You do look good in that ad.
I like your interpretation, adding bright accents of color to your outfit. Now that's inspiring to me.

Nana Erin said...

That looks fabulous!~

Penny said...

Ha! I love how you montaged yourself into the DKNY ad...that's awesome!! Too bad you didn't wear the hat all day through; that hat is truly a stunner.

Unknown said...

Fabulous look, fantastic blog! Love the idea of an inspiration book ...

Rosie Unknown said...

I hadn't seen the adds, but I love the outfit!

Stephanie said...

I love that ad. You fit right in :)

gina said...

Love that green. Great accents!

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

Hee Hee! I love this post. I pulled those ads for my board too! I also have the same hat issue. It's not that nobody wears them, but no adults wear them. I have some pretty brave kids who wear some pretty bold stuff. One girl even rocked a tiny black top hat fascinator adorned with hot pink feathers for a day!

Unknown said...

omg so cute!

mariel said...

i have those ads in my inspiration folder, too! such great pieces and bold styling. i can definitely see the reference in your adorable look, too :)

Lorena said...

Wow, great combo and i loved the post !

Londyn said...

You totally fit in with the fabulous bottom photo! I lurve the hat too :)