Monday, November 09, 2009

Completely Gratuitous

I’ve been reading …love Maegan lately. She titles all of her outfit diary entries as “Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post.” My outfit post today is a bit gratuitous as well. It’s a boring work-from-home-then-go-swimming outfit (and I’m not even wearing any makeup), but I’m using it as an excuse to show off my sunroom and my friend Erin’s fancy pants.

Scarf, gift. Tee, Forever 21. Cardigan, I Heart Ronson. Loafers, American Eagle for Payless.

The sunroom was once painted peach and the floor was covered in gray, all-weather carpeting over stick-on linoleum tiles. I took that stinky carpet out right after moving in, but tolerated the peach walls and red/green linoleum until I had time to paint and money to tile.


I loved all the plants, but maintaining a tropical jungle in an unheated room isn't sustainable in Ohio.

If you’ll tolerate a little more bragging, I’d like to show you my friend Erin’s snazzy style. She calls these her fancy pants:


You know I’m totally jealous.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sunroom looks so fantastically welcoming now that it's bright and white!

Dissolved Girl said...

Your sunroom looks great. I especially love the bird cage you have in the corner.

Those pants that your friend has on are awesome.

Onika said...

Those may very well be the fanciest pants I have ever seen. I had to comment on them because I cannot look away :)

Anonymous said...

Wow I wish I could look that good without makeup! Cute outfit!!

Your sunroom is gorgeous! I love all the birdcages in the background- very nice decor.

xoxo
Amy

thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marie said...

Love the clean white, I have the same ceiling in my sunroom, but not the same lovely room yet. You give me some inspiration...
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Raquelita said...

I'll tolerate pretty much anything from you! I love your blog!

Beth said...

This really has nothing to do with your current attire, but I wanted to tell you I wore the brightest tights I've ever worn today. They're purple with a hint of pink and have a paisley pattern to them - in the same color. I give all credit to you for giving me the idea of wearing them. If it wasn't for your blog I wouldn't be quite so adventurous in my wardrobe.

Trinity Lea said...

gorgeous sunroom!!

and i soooo need to make some fancy pants like that now!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your outfit and reallly love your sunroom. My old house had a sunroom and I painted it all white. I was never really sure what to do for decor (I did b&w photos and accessories)...wish I would've seen your birdhouses back then. They look awesome!

No comment on the fancy pants. ;)

Healthy and Homemade said...

The sunroom is beautiful, and I really like the outfit. The jeans look great on your, comfy but still very stylish =)

M said...

Love the room and your awesome style! I'm continually impressed with your creativity.

Rosie Unknown said...

The room looks amazing.

And those pants! The pants are too amazing! I must make a pair!

Rebecca said...

I like it! Even winter will be brighter for you this year. I'm sure the plants thank you! (I'm still absorbing the fancy pants - imagining how it would be to walk in them, how she did it, etc. So many questions; so little time.)

Rondell said...

Them minotar pants or somethin?

The Budget Babe said...

ha, i thought you photoshopped yourself into a photograph from martha stewart or elle decor! your sunroom is so pretty. makes sense, you can dress and decorate. sigh :)