Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Unflappable Wong

I might have mentioned that I’m on a triva team. It’s called The Unflappable Wong, and we attend the Tuesday sessions at Champion’s, hosted by the lovely Kristin.


Jacket, Dex (swap). Furry collar, gift. Dress, Forever 21 (swap). Gray turtleneck and leggings, Target. Brown open-weave leggings, Forever 21. Boots, Diba. Owl brooch, swap.

Usually, I have to go to trivia in my work clothes (boo!), but I had a chance to change today.


I forgot to wear my new gloves (from Target) for the full-length photos.

This is a team photo of The Unflappable Wong:


There are two things to note here:

1. The team is composed of five men and me. I like those odds. They answer all the sports questions. My strengths are candy (yes, that’s a category), companies, business, fashion (duh!), and science. I’m useless in the movies and music categories.

2. You probably can’t tell from the photo, but there is only one beer glass on the table. It’s mine. I also consider the beer category one of my strengths.

Two of our team members just started coming regularly. I suspect it’s due to the change of trivia hosts. A few months ago, Kristin started hosting at Champion’s. She’s about 6 feet tall, gorgeous, and funny. She can also be counted on to wear something cute and trendy to trivia. After expressing our mutual admiration for each other’s style, she agreed to appear on WhatIWore2Day.


Eventually, I got tired of Kristin making me look short, so I had my revenge:


Actually, this is an interesting lesson on perspective. I took this post’s lead photos with a tripod and the camera was at about 3 feet from the ground. The pictures with Kristin were taken from an elevation of about 6 feet. Standing next to a glamazon and having my photo taken from so far above, I can’t help but look like a munchkin. A sort of vicious munchkin, at that.

The Unflappable Wong is currently 40th in the league, but the latest scores aren’t posted. If we make it to the semifinals, we have a chance at $1000!

17 comments:

Becky said...

I LOVE going to bars and kicking everyone's butt at trivia...why is it that boys seem to be better in the music and movies categories? The beer category is one of my strengths, too! ;)

Sheila said...

I love trivia - I kick ass at it (no one will play with me). I rock at movies and music and all kinds obscure trivia.

My best friend is a glamazon like Kristin. *sigh*

Stephanie N. said...

I was cracking up through much of this post. What fun! I love hearing about fun stuff you do, especially when you share goofball photos.

Anonymous said...

Your tableau always crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Two thoughts:
First off people who are tall have huge feet. Yours are tiny. Be happy.

Second, I have Kristin's scarf. It's from Abercrombie and it's WAY TOO LONG for me! I'm 5'3".

Lola said...

I just saw those gloves at Target, aren't they the cutest? Also liked the ones where the tips come off the index finger and thumb - what a great idea!

bekster said...

Is that a pocket I see on that glove, or is that some kind of thing that flips over to turn the glove into a mitten? Either way, it's very cute.

Kasmira said...

bekster - the gloves convert from fingerless to mitten! But the thumb tip stays uncovered.

Gloria said...

Wow! Acting, trivia, blogging, fashion, photography...you are quite the Renaissance woman!

Adele said...

Wow...gotta love Kristin's outfit! Mini skirts (especially plaid) worn with bare legs and boots like that always look sexy....provided of course you have a killer body like hers! ;)

Kerry said...

I love zip-up jumpers like Kristen's - I have several myself.

But... five men in a pub and not drinking beer? That so wouldn't happen here in Australia!

Kim said...

I'm 5'3" and for some reason have always attracted tall leggy girls for friends. I learned early on if you can't beat 'em (or even reach 'em), might as well join 'em.

Londyn said...

OMG - is that Alan Butler in your group photo??? (front left). I went to college with him -- if so, too funny. You'll have to tell him hello for me. LOL

Kasmira said...

That IS Alan! And his two brothers behind him. I will tell him "hi!"

Ping said...

Mira, I hope your pleased to know that I have the EXACT same gloves, also from Target.

Kasmira said...

Ping - yes, I AM pleased!

Healthy and Homemade said...

I really love the way you layer your tights, it looks so good and the colors are perfect with those boots =)