Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Off Duty Stripper

Since I spent $50 on this silly lamé dress, I feel I need to get my money’s worth out of it. I wore it to work and then wore it again to trivia.

Jacket and tee, Forever 21. Cardigan, Wet Seal. Silly lamé dress, American Apparel. Leggings, Danskin. Boots, Playhouse. Owl charm, vintage. Key charm, Ren Faire.

This dress falls dangerously close to the stripper-wear category, except that it’s really hard to get off. The poor girl would end up hopping around in her Lucite heels with the dress stuck over her head and shoulders. Blinded, she’d trip, bang her head on the pole, and be totally done for the night.

I was also totally done for the night, even without a head banging.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great and clever way to style this dress! You look so cute...

Lorena said...

HA! I know what you mean... there are garments I have to get my $$$ out of !
I think it's truly challenging but with you wits and good taste you will get every single penny out of it, no doubt.

Kayla Rochelle said...

It astounds me how great this dress looks layered. I would never look at you and think stripper, but when the dress is by itself I know exactually what you mean!

Judy said...

It must be really hard to get off. Good for you for finding two different looks for the two occasions. I like the church look! And the secret knowledge of being dressed like a stripper underneath the demure facade must have been fun.

CindyinSC said...

I love the layering. This dress is the perfect length for leggings. Not too long, not too short. And the brown boots with the black looks great, too!

SheenV said...

You look Amazing! in that dress! Why cover it up?!

FENNOfashion said...

I am amazed at how you pulled that dress off by layering with 'classier' pieces. :)

Indiana Adams said...

Oh my gosh! You crack me up! That dress is so fun, and I love the way you styled it so you can wear it out in public without people trying to put dollar bills down the front. :0)

AA crack me up sometimes. Well done, lady!

Becky said...

Oooh sexy time with the dress lady! They layers make it surprisingly appropriate-nicely done!

Robin said...

I love that you're wearing a lame dress with cowboy boots. What a rockstar!

Geek Girl said...

you description almost made me squirt drink out my nose. Amazingly you style it so well. At least your getting your money's worth!

Marley said...

Holy mother of pretty lipsticks, what color is that? And your boots are to die for. LOVE IT.

Kasmira said...

Marley - it is Loreal HIP Shine Struck Liquid Lipcolor in "Arresting" (#662).

Rosie Unknown said...

I would totally wear that dress all the time if I could afford it! I love how you styled it here!

Passion4Fashion said...

I love what you have been doing with this dress. It fits you great and you do an awesome job layering it.